cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

When to order SIM for a contract to start on a certain date

Go to solution

Hello,

I have ordered BT Broadband for my new home which is starting on 1 September.

I would also like to order a SIM only BT Mobile contract and I would like it to start on 1 September as well. Does anyone know when I should place the order online in order for the billing to start on the 1st?

Thank you 🙂

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: When to order SIM for a contract to start on a certain date

Go to solution

The billing starts the day after it's dispatched, order before 3pm on the 31st should start the billing on 1st September if there are no delays in the order process or any credit check delays.

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks, that’s fantastic.

I will order early in the morning on the 31st and hopefully it works out.

Would you happen to know if having both broadband and mobile on the same account also means there will be a single direct debit payment taken, or will I get two separate charges?

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

If you login to the BT broadband account and then order the sim only, it's one account so one direct debit.
You can have them separate and receive the broadband discount and most Halo benefits (If applicable) if you want though.

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Great, thanks a lot for all the info. Much appreciated! 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Sorry, I have another question if you don’t mind: will this work even if I request to bring my old number over to BT when placing the order? Or is it better to just place a brand new order and then bring the number over later (if this is possibel at all?)

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@MarvellousSunsetwrote:

Sorry, I have another question if you don’t mind: will this work even if I request to bring my old number over to BT when placing the order? Or is it better to just place a brand new order and then bring the number over later (if this is possibel at all?)

Many thanks

I don't mind at all 🙂

Bring your number during the order or anytime in the future, when you place the order you'll be asked if you have a PAC to port it over, a STAC to terminate with your old provider (number is lost this way) or none of them.
If you don't port when you join, you can request and use a PAC later, do what suits you best.

You also have a 30 day money back guarantee with a sim only from BT, so you can check it's right for you, if within 30 days you're not happy you can cancel it and get your money back.

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks so much, that clears everything up! I’m set for a smooth transition to BT so it seems 🙂

Cheers

0 Ratings