Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheddar-caveman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Where's my data gone?

Go to solution

As a BT Broadband customer I was offered their 1Gb data SIM only package for £5/month. At the end of last month I still had 400Mb of data left but when my new balance appeared for this month, that 500Mb had goner and I started again at 1Gb - it should hve been 1.4Gb surely, the 400Mb should roll-over?

I cannot find any where in terms and conditions that say if you don't use it, you lose it and I can't find anywhere where one can email BT!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Where's my data gone?

Go to solution

@cheddar-caveman 

You were given the answer on your last thread https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Mobile/Lost-data/m-p/1887938#M13913

Specifically https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Mobile/Lost-data/m-p/1885584#M13839

Its the same for all data packages.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@cheddar-caveman wrote:

I cannot find any where in terms and conditions that say if you don't use it, you lose it and I can't find anywhere where one can email BT!

It's now covered by paragraph 7e of the BT Mobile T&C, which says, "We'll reset your allowance each month. Any data, minutes, or texts you don’t use won’t be carried over."

That's pretty much the industry standard for pay-monthly packages and it seems disingenuous to claim that you believe otherwise, particularly in view of your previous complaint.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @cheddar-caveman ,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry for any confusion with your mobile data balance query. Both @Keith_Beddoe and @pottyperson are correct. Any data, minutes, or texts you don’t use won’t be carried over. I hope that clears things up for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings