For 6 months then £47 a month
24 months = £947

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7

Re: Why are bt mobile so expensive

Google Pixel 2 64GB, no bloatware from £580 if you shop around. BT SIM only plan from £6 / month if you have BT Broadband. The only question now is what to spend the change on.

0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Agreed. Buying a phone — any phone — on contract is for suckers. Buy SIM-free and you won't get a better deal than BT for SIM-only.
0 Ratings
Paddi69
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Unless u have £500-1000 to spend on a top of the range mobile there and then, just on the phone that's y it's for suckers but if u shop around u can pay that amount + the contract over 24 months. So the sucker gets to keep the grand in there bank rather then the phone companies bank.
0 Ratings
Paddi69
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

That's normal these days if u havnt bought yet wait until s9 comes out and s8 prices drops like a stone.
0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Everyone has different needs and views on what is expensive or not. If you want to have a phone on contract then they are all expensive. I find BT’s sim only deals are excellent value (though I own my own phone) but I don’t use a huge amount on calls or data so I think £5 per month is cheap. Clearly if you want, rather than need, the latest iteration of phone and a huge calls and data package then all operators are expensive and you just choose the one that suits your needs best.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

Contracts are usually more expensive simply because you are paying for the privilige of spreading the cost over 1 or 2 years, or in the case of the newest MVNO, 18 or 30 months.

The last time that I looked BT were competitively priced when it came to contracts.

0 Ratings