cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BBa
Message 1 of 6

Why can we not have 2 mobiles on the same number in the UK when you can in Europe?

Go to solution

I have an old mobile phone and am considering buying a smartphone. I would like to keep the old phone to use in some situations where I might damage my smartphone. BT have said it is not possible to have more than one phone on the same number even if only one is in use at a time.

I have read that in other European countries you can have 2 phones on the same number. Why can we not have this facility in the UK?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Why can we not have 2 mobiles on the same number in the UK when you can in Europe?

Go to solution

Hi, I have never heard of having the same number on two phones - that would mean the same number on two SIMS.

If you want to use the old phone as backup if the smartphone should break, why not just transfer the SIM over?

Stew

BBa
Message 3 of 6

Re: Why can we not have 2 mobiles on the same number in the UK when you can in Europe?

Go to solution
the new one will take a nano SIM which is smaller and thinner than the one in the old phone
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Order the nano SIM for the new phone, then you can use an adapter to use the nano SIM in the old phone, should you need to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

don't think thickness is a problem as sims come all-in-one and just punch out sim for your phone and you can by adapter to convert your nano to another sim size - if that would solve your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
BBa
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
That may be the solution but I am reluctant to keep messing about taking the SIM . I am more annoyed that UK service suppliers do not offer a service provided in some other European countries.
0 Ratings