Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Wi-Fi Calling

Hi,

I am having a few issues with WiFi calling, I work for a company and just moved from Vodafone to BT, I had all mobiles hardware unlocked Apple and Samsung but for some reason only the Apply devices have the option in the phone to enable WiFi calling, I have even factory reset the Samsung mobiles and the option to enable does not appear.

I have contacted BT and they say that WiFi calling is enabled for all mobiles so cant see why its not working?

Also I have one Apply mobile where WiFi calling is working in the office but when the mobile is used at home WiFi calling is failing to work even when its connected to a home Virgin WiFi signal.

Can anyone help? all devices are on the latest OS/Firmware. 

Julian

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Wi-Fi Calling

Hi @jhaines,

According to this article, the Android phone must be bought from BT and be a Samsung S9, S9+ and Samsung A8 (2018).

This article may be helpful as well, as it mentions phones that work, while not officially recommended: https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Mobile/Wi-Fi-Calling-Which-devices-are-compatible/td-p/1835950

Thanks

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Wi-Fi Calling

Where are you looking for the enable WiFi calling on the android phone?

I’ve  just put a new BT sim in an old Sony Xperia running Android 8 and the option was under phone, settings, call settings, WiFi calling.

0 Ratings