Message 1 of 9

Wi-fi calling

Any news as when it’s likely to happen another year gone no improvement
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: Wi-fi calling

Plenty of threads here with updates and guesses as to when it may or may not happen. Suggest you do a search or scroll through the posts.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Danimak
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

28th is the suspected launch date for 4g and Wi-fi calling. Check for system updates for the phone. The option to turn it on came a couple of weeks ago, in preparation for the 28th, I imagine. Advisors haven’t been given a date yet either so it’s a case of “Stay tuned”. Hope this helps
0 Ratings
Djtreglog
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

The bt mobile app has the connectivity for both on now so fingers crossed it will be a blessing when it’s switched on
0 Ratings
Danimak
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

I’ve seen the video in work of how it will look. Mine is still not showing it. Looking promising though. It’s going to make things at work a lot easier
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Sim migration is in progress for all accounts now, ensure that you have he latest firmware (11.3 when launched for iOS).

The app relates to comparable phones not when the sim has been enabled. Android users should select the three vertical dots then settings, then Wi-fi calling.
0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

@Djtreglogwrote:
Any news as when it’s likely to happen another year gone no improvement

Er, LOTS of news: https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Mobile/Wifi-Calling/td-p/1638964

0 Ratings
Danimak
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Soon!!! Pain in the rear not being able to give a date. But it is imminent. There should be info about it on the website now as we’re able to give advice. I’d say I was excited but I’m more releaved than anything. It’s comig to android devices supplied by BT first, then iOS will be shortly after. But there are quite a few of the most popular models going to be able to use the service.
0 Ratings
Danimak
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

You should be good to go now. If it’s not working then it might take till the end of the month as they are being switched over still. You can ring and ask for it to be expedited. They will need to email someone to get it done for you. They will be able to find the info on who to email. Not everyone is aware yet how to fix it so just ask and be patient 😉. They will find the name if they look. I’ve just done it and mine is now showing up. Hope this helps
0 Ratings