Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iamdanwalls
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: WiFi Calling on iPhone 8 Plus

Go to solution
Sadly no. The guy I spoke to on the phone yesterday said that after a refresh, the system showed that I was using an 8 Plus, but I still see a 4S when I log in. Something is stuck somewhere.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

@iamdanwalls

How have they left it? The mobile team are helpful but sometimes you may want to prompt them to check things Smiley Happy

When you speak to them again you need to get them to check that the IMS/Sim updates for Wi-fi calling and 4G calling were applied to the sim correctly they have the ability to check!! Rule one thing out at a time!   

The updates were applied to all sims regardless of handset, so whilst it shows incorrect on the system it should work. 

Have you also tried a network reset on the handset? 

0 Ratings
iamdanwalls
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution
Yes it feels like ive tried everything!! I’ve even done a full reset of my phone. I’ll have to ring them again I think. I know it’s not my phone (as one guy suggested) as it worked fine before.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

@iamdanwalls

I would agree it is highly unlikely to be the iOS device, before you call again ensure that the device is on iOS 11.3 and above, and that wifi calling is switched on in the phone menu. 

Get them to check the sim has the updates and then I would ask for a replacement sim to be sent. 

0 Ratings
iamdanwalls
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution
Well after just over a week I’ve now got WiFi Calling working on my iPhone. I rang the Mobile Team on Saturday and they sent me out a replacement SIM which arrived this morning. Everything worked once the SIM was activated.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @iamdanwalls

Great news!  You’ll also notice a difference with 4G calling

0 Ratings