cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

WiFi Calling

I've just got a  Motorola g 5G plus phone which is capable of, and offers me the option of making calls over WiFi on my BT SIM. When I set it to do this, it will not make or receive calls - they apparently connect (in and outbound) and then cut off immediately. Is there a way to use this facility on my SIM only BT account?

Regards,

Bob

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: WiFi Calling

did you get the new phone from BT?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

No, I got it from Amazon.

Regards,

Bob

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I got my phone from Amazon also and was considering switching to BT mobile when my contract ends shortly. Wifi calling works with my current operator. Cannot get any senses from BT as to whether it will work or not. Their list of phones is woefully out of date. They have no interest in updating it or indeed providing any accurate and up to date information. One potential customer lost but I don't suppose they will shed any tears.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I have a Moto g pro, unlocked from Amazon and this does support WiFi and 4g calling on my sim only deal.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Did you just turn it on in the phone or did you have to do anything else on your phone or in your BT account, say?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I just turned it on the phone and it worked ever since. The app funnily enough tells me that 4g and WiFi calling are not available (when they are)

0 Ratings