Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShadyCreek
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

WiFi Calling

Go to solution

Does anyone else have a problem with WiFi calling constantly dropping on iOS?

This morning I made a long call and despite checking that WiFi Calling was showing top left on the control panel screen (swipe down from top right corner) I cannot believe it was successful based on the call quality throughout.  

Every time I go to check if it says WiFi Calling I never really know what I will find.  Sometimes it just says BT, sometimes it says WiFi Calling, and no amount of phone restarts or switching off/on WiFi Calling seems to resolve it.  

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
clever_trevor
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: WiFi Calling

Go to solution

I recall similar on other networks also & this is normal - as the device will select the best connection - so if mobile is strong then will not use Wi-fi calling / if your Wi-fi is strongest then it will indicate wi-fi calling. Hope this helps. 

0 Ratings
TeeBee1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I don't know whether you have read my suggestion on this from a similar thread of two weeks ago 

"Re: Wi-Fi Calling dropping
I don't know whether all smart phones are the same but if I switch on Airplane Mode on my iPhone 5S, I can also select Wi-Fi and so Wi-Fi calling is still available on the display without any 2G, 3G etc. I haven't tried using this for a live call but can't see why it would not work. Any thoughts?"

Nobody replied but maybe you could try this if your phone permits.
ShadyCreek
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks!  What a great tip.  I just tried it and it does work.  Lovely clear test call. 

My issue is that I get two bars in the house downstairs and the calls are never particularly great because WiFi Calling doesn't always show as on, and even when it does the calls still seem to go over the cell network.  

This is a great workaround, especially for calls you know are going to be long. 

It seems as though the BT Mobile settings are not quite right as it doesn't seem logical that a full strength 72mbps WiFi signal would be trumped by two bars of 4G. 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
TeeBee1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Great, glad to hear it works for you.

I hope it will also work with other smart phones - not just the Apple range.

0 Ratings