cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

WiFi calling and 4G showing as not compatible with iPhone XS?

Why are there so many bugs with the MY BT site? We recently moved 2 numbers over to BT Mobile from Vodafone alongside an existing Sim that we already had. All 3 Sims are now on a familly plan, with identical service, however when i check the setting under each number, they are not the same.

The number that we use on an iPhone 8 shows "You have 4G calling", "You have WiFi calling" and lower down the page, under "Phone and Sim", it correctly shows the details of the phone the sim is being used in. This is the only number /sim that has the details correct.

The number that i use in an iPhone XS shows "You don't have 4G calling", "You don't have WiFi calling" and then lower down the page under "Phone and Sim", it correctly lists the details of the device, but states, 4G calling: not compatible, WiFi calling: not compatible, this is obviously not the case on an iPhone XS!

The third number we use on an iPhone SE, this shows no details of 4G calling or WiFi calling, does not have any details of the phone under phone and Sim and also because i have set the monthly spend cap to 0, it has a huge yellow alert stating 

You've hit your monthly spend cap

You can increase it using the tools to manage your spend.

You've hit your data roaming spend cap

You won't be able to use any more minutes, texts or data for the rest of the month.

We have unlimited calls and texts and 11GB of data left for the month, so these alerts are wrong. I set the spend cap and roaming cap to zero because the plans we have are more than sufficient and also include Europe so i can never see the need to go over. If a spend cap of zero and roaming charges of zero is an option then why the alerts when these settings are selected?

I want to like BT Mobile, the pricing is very competitive especially with 3 sims and alongside BT broadband but these errors are infuriating and no one at BT seems to know how to really fix anything! 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Message 2 of 10

Re: WiFi calling and 4G showing as not compatible with iPhone XS?

Hi @iTraxx,

I'm sorry your not happy with your BT Mobile service. You best bet would be to contact the BT Mobile Chat Teams and they'll be able to help you with your complaint.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

I have exactly the same problem on iPhone XS Max having ported my number from 3. I’ve called BT and they just don’t have a solution other than telling me to do all the obvious stuff. At home my signal indoors is zero but I do get wifi calling, even though it says I can’t have it or 4g on the app. Guess that’s because my home WiFi is BT. Anyway My BT account says exactly the same as the app and I am in an hotel at the moment using their WiFi but there is no WiFi calling available. I think the problem lies with BT.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

WiFi calling does now work on other networks. The app and my account still say that I don’t have this facility along with 4g.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

WiFi calling and 4G calling are working fine on my iPhone XS but both the MY BT webpage and the BT Mobile app still  show, You dont have WiFi calling, You dont have 4G calling !!!

iPhone 8 that we bought on the same day, both directly from Apple shows "you have WiFi calling" and "you have 4G calling"

How can BT still not get this sorted out?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Settings still not showing correctly either when the spend cap or data roaming cap are set to £0

Still getting big yellow alerts:

"You've hit your monthly spend cap"

You can increase it using the tools to manage your spend.

"You've hit your data roaming spend cap"

You won't be able to use any more minutes, texts or data for the rest of the month.

This is simply NOT the case as the mins, texts, data are included in the monthly plan and therefore one would not hit the cap until all of these had been used, unlikely since we have unlimited mins and texts!

Please sort this out BT, these bugs are very annoying

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 10

Having same problem with iphone 11 and we have ultra fast fibre package with BT and full Wi-fi signal but can’t use the service for 4 or 5g  or the Wi-fi calling. What’s the point!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

The BT Mobile App incorrectly says that Wi-Fi and 4g calling are not available.  Ignore that, it's irrelevant.  I don't want to teach how to suck eggs here but have you actually switched on the Wi-Fi calling in the phone settings? Settings/Mobile Data

clipboard_image_0.png

Hope it helps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 10

Yes, well familiar with that setting

The mobile signal near our property is very poor yet we have very high speed BT dedicated single use of FTTP and have no problems with ip phones but when I try to use the BT mobile over Wi-fi it’s not working. The calls are very poor and keeps loosing signal yet the Wi-fi signal on the iPhone is full. 

Why do you say to ignore what the settings say on the BT mobile app?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

its a bit of a nightmare that it doesnt show in the app it works : /

I sometimes sit on BT then other times sit on BT Wifi... Its kinda strange and annoying at the same time.

Would like a fix for it 🙂

0 Ratings