Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s1ms
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

WiFi calling stopped working after upgrade to Android 11

Go to solution

I've received the OTA update to Android 11 on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G and wifi calling stopped working. The WiFi calling button is still there but the phone no longer connects to the network. Spoke to Samsung and they said this has nothing to do with them and it must be your network providers fault.

Samsung's comment below:

I totally understand, please also understand our point on this matter. Wi-Fi calling is a network feature, software updates will be sent directly to network providers before the phone receives the update. The reason for that one is for the network provider, for them to configure their network features on the update. If ever there's an issue on the network features like, mobile data, network signals, LTE/5G feature or Wi-Fi calling, it still with network provider since they are the one who handles the network services. Samsung devices can only access those services setup by every network providers.

Please help!

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 22

Re: WiFi calling stopped working after upgrade to Android 11

Go to solution

This post on that subject seems to have gone down well with others having the same problem

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/wifi-calling-android-11/td-p/2426983

0 Ratings
s1ms
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

The button is not missing, it's still there. The Wifi Calling is not working i.e. not connecting to network. 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

What's the harm in trying

0 Ratings
s1ms
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

No harm. Tried it before posting the first message. Did not help as the problem the person experienced was slightly different i.e. the phone did not receive settings from the mobile provider after the upgrade.

0 Ratings
pddco
Contributor
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

I had a problem with WiFi calling not working when I upgraded, but on an iPhone. Not on Android. I ended up requesting a replacement SIM. Came within a couple of days. It’s worked fine ever since. Could that be a solution?

0 Ratings
s1ms
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

BT Network Engineer logged in a ticked with EE. We've tried everything possible and it could be a bug in the latest Android 11 update. We'll see what EE say when they investigate. Apparently I'm not the first one with this problem.

0 Ratings
s1ms
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

So, almost a month since I reported the problem and still no Wifi calling. Problem now escalated to Samsung directly. Clearly a bug introduced by the latest Android 11 update.

0 Ratings
arjanvirdi
Contributor
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution
Does VoLTE work for you? On my android 11 phone, i'm having the same issue.
0 Ratings
s1ms
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

Nope, no VoLTE either.

Bug must be related to EE/BT specifically as if I put in my Vodafone sim card all these services start working immediately. If I move my BT sim card to another phone it also works fine.

0 Ratings