cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

WiFi calling

I noticed that BT are selling the Samsung A50, does this mean that this model has WiFi calling with BT?. I have this model, with a BT sim, but BT tells my WiFi calling not available on my phone. Do they only support phones bought from them? My phone has the option to turn on WiFi calling.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: WiFi calling

Hi @new 

My understanding is that it's the firmware on the phone that determines whether wifi calling works or not, with BT supplied phones obviously having the necessary firmware.

Presumably you've tried turning on wifi calling on your phone?

If necessary you could change the firmware on your phone yourself but there's the risk that you could brick it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, I have it turned on, but it doesn't work. Maybe the next somtware update to Android 10 may fix it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 5

I doubt whether any Android update will fix it, it's the firmware itself. You can find more information in this thread , I would suggest jumping in around page 70.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I think you may have the same issue as me. I have the Galaxy S20 and WiFi Calling is not working.

Then i check my account online, it still shows my old phone and not my new one. Maybe this is the issue but unsure how to resolve this.

0 Ratings