cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Wifi Calling Samsung Galaxy A70

I was considering moving to BT mobile and saw a good deal on the Samsung Galaxy A70. I sent a live chat message to BT online and they confirmed that the A70 had wifi calling. This is important to me as all Mobile networks have very poor reception where I live. I ordered the BT mobile from them and it arrived today. I see wifi calling option on the phone but it does not appear to be working. From reading other posts I see this phone may not be compatible with wifi calling on BT. Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wifi Calling Samsung Galaxy A70

Hey @iadu 

Did your previous phone / network support wi-fi calling and work OK?

Thanks

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Yes, I was previously with o2 and had a Sony Xperia XA2 which had wifi calling and worked for calls, however not for texts.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

No, BT does not support WiFi calling on this phone, even though it does have a WiFi calling function and DESPITE the fact that it comes up on the list of available phones when you click the link that very clearly says "explore our compatible handsets" on this page: https://www.bt.com/mobile/wi-fi-calling

I went through the same process as you and bought the phone, after it came up on the list of Wi-Fi Calling compatible phones on the website, and after a lengthy online chat to confirm compatibility. 

I was furious after spending a lot of time setting up the phone to find out when I checked my account on My BT that the phone appears as NOT compatible. I only signed up for the deal because of the WiFi Calling function.

After HOURS on the chat and phone to BT, they have confirmed that the phone has the function but that they do not support it and I will have to return the phone. I have reported a complaint about misleading advertising.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks katetica