cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daveathome
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Wifi Calling on PAYG Samsung Note 9

I am trying to find a replacement for BT SmartTalk. Can I use Wifi calling using my Samsung Note 9 (which I didn't buy from BT or EE)? I am on PAYG with EE. If I can use it, will I be charged?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
foddersin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Wifi Calling on PAYG Samsung Note 9

If your device was purchased from them then I would probably most definitely say yes. It should be using their software which is the same setting as BT use for access to the network, you might just have to install the BT account app and remove the other one if you so wish.
0 Ratings
Daveathome
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi, Thanks for your reply and I apologise for late reply.

I did not buy from BT and I do not use BT mobile but I do have a BT landline and Broadband package.

I bought the phone from Carphone Warehouse and use EE Payg as my mobile carrier.

I have noticed that while at home, if I ring an 0800 number, it says calling usin wifi.

I have turned wifi calling on but EE said that to use wifi free calling, I have to be on contract and BT said the same.

Confused.

Thanks

Dave

0 Ratings
foddersin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

The only UK network carrier that has WiFi calling and 4g calling on Pay as You Go is Three.

All other carrier require you to have a contract to use those features even though it would be simple to apply to their Pay as You Go they just want to use it as a marketing tool.

You could use it with any of those if you got a SIM only plan however.
0 Ratings