cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vikco
Message 1 of 1,121

Wifi Calling

Go to solution

If we purchase a Wifi Calling compatable phone from BT, would the Wifi Calling facility be available? I understand that Wifi calling was only initially available if the phone was purchased from EE (as it requires the networks software build installed) but, with the links that BT currently have with EE, are the BT Mobiles now able to use the Wifi calling device? 

0 Ratings
1,120 REPLIES
pwwhitehead
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 1,121

Re: Wifi Calling

Go to solution

No. Wifi calling is only available from EE and Vodafone. As BT now own EE I'm at a loss as to why they don't enable this service for BT Mobile customers. The only thing stopping me taking BT Mobile is the lack of wife calling, as I get no signal at my home address. There loss I suppose.

0 Ratings
TommyAwesome
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 1,121

Go to solution

I was playing around with my BT mobile SIM this evening, as I hadn't used it in several months, I thought wifi calling may have been enabled... I put it in my iPhone 6, turned on etc... all fine... went to phone settings, no Wifi Calling. I tried to enable the SIM lock and as I'd forgotten I'd tried this in the past, I managed to lock out my SIM... upon doing this, the phone said there was a carrier update, so I clicked upon... Then, the Wifi Calling function appeared!!

But, as my SIM was locked and was asking for my PUK code, I turned the phone off and on again...

In the time i took to turn on, I'd found my PUK code from online and had it ready to unlock... Unlocked it, went to phone settings, and no Wifi Calling...

I tried putting my Vodafone SIM back in, doing a carrier update, then putting the BT one back in, but nothing worked...

So, I've given up. I think it's shockinly bad that BT Mobile does not have the Wifi Calling option available yet.

0 Ratings
Ansteyor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 1,121

Go to solution
Can one of the moderators give us any dates for this to be enabled. Since the last carrier settings update I'm now able to use tether data. So I'm assuming wifi calling may also be on the horizon?
0 Ratings
orozz
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 1,121

Go to solution
As we've unlimited wifi with our plans it seems logical that wifi calling should follow suit. It would be a good marketing tool.
0 Ratings
orozz
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 1,121

Go to solution
Over WiFi I use BT Smart Talk to call landlines and FB messenger for the rest so we're nearly there already.

The only problem with BT Smart Talk is cost of calling mobile phones over WiFi. This soon racks up a bill!
0 Ratings
mcronline
Contributor
Message 7 of 1,121

Go to solution
A quick question on this thread. If you get unlimited minutes to any network or number is there any benefit or point to WiFi calling?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 1,121

Go to solution

@mcronline wrote:
A quick question on this thread. If you get unlimited minutes to any network or number is there any benefit or point to WiFi calling?

If you are in an area with no mobile coverage, but have a wifi connection.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

mcronline
Contributor
Message 9 of 1,121

Go to solution
Ahh thanks. Makes sense now.
0 Ratings
ChrisJohn
Contributor
Message 10 of 1,121

Go to solution

I am seriously thinking of moving away from BT Mobile when my current year completes as the signal inside my home is not good enough to allow calls on my mobile.  I even have to go outside to get texts to "send".  I would hate to move to EE and then find that BT has caught up with its subsidiary and introduced the service for its own mobile customers. Please, will someone in BT tell us if they plan to implement "Wifi calling" allowing the use of the internet to use the mobile's calling facilities?  If there are no plans to do this then please tell us why not.  I can then vote with my feet if I am left with no other option. 

0 Ratings