Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 201 of 1,140

Re: Wifi Calling

Go to solution

@orozz wrote:
If the signal is 4G your phone could now be on the 4G800 layer which EE users with compatible handsets can use.

Until VoLTE or 4G calling is up and running BT Mobile users can't use this layer.

I have 2 phones, one with an EE sim and the other with a BT Mobile sim. In network mode with both iPhones side by side you can see often that EE has jumped to band 20 4G800 but the BT Mobile has gone to 2G.

On band 3 4G1800 or band 7 4G2600 there is no difference in signal.

If you look at BTs coverage map the 4G coverage area has dramatically increased to match that shown on the EE coverage map recently. I presume this is because BT plan to provide Band 20 800MHz 4G coverage with the VoLTE upgrade.

0 Ratings
steviegal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 202 of 1,140

Go to solution
Just checked my BT mobile app and 4G and Wi Fi calling options have disappeared..Could something be about to happen, fingers crossed.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 203 of 1,140

Go to solution

@steviegal the trial is still ongoing, I doubt you will see anything for a few more weeks at least. I think we will see lots of things happen as they make netowrk and account changes in preperation for the roll out.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 204 of 1,140

Go to solution
Yep - disappeared from my app too.

You could equally take that as a negative sign that the trial isn't going well and that the functionality won't be appearing soon.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 205 of 1,140

Go to solution
Or equally that it should never have shown up on the app until it was live. And only appear when the SIM card is enabled for the service.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
steviegal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 206 of 1,140

Go to solution
I prefer to think positive
0 Ratings
Shotgunjohn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 207 of 1,140

Go to solution

Smart talk is totally pointless unless you are abroad.  Yes, you can make calls using your home package, BUT you cannot receive them on your mobile device. 

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 208 of 1,140

Go to solution
Hi @Shotgunjohn.

SmartTalk is completely different to 4G & Wi-fi calling. SmartTalk does have restrictions for its use and is linked to your home phone bill.

Wi-fi calling being discussed here, is a non app based service directly off your mobile allowing you to make and received calls and text even without a signal.

4G & Wi-fi calling Is due to launch shortly on selected handsets.
0 Ratings
chrissheppy69
Contributor
Message 209 of 1,140

Go to solution
Selected handsets ? So it won't be like 3 which was an app which worked fine, BT have strung me along for a year so I will be leaving in April !! Lying crooks !!
0 Ratings
Deryman
Contributor
Message 210 of 1,140

Go to solution

I guess that will mean handsets purchased through BT?

0 Ratings