Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john9411
Contributor
Message 341 of 1,129

Re: Wifi Calling

Go to solution

Most of queries and replies on here seem to be iPhone orientated.

Does anyone have any info on Android?

I have a Samung Galaxy S5 bought some time ago direct from Samsung and have just joined BT Mobile and also have very weak or no signal when at home. Am I likely to get wifi calling or will I have to change phone?

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 342 of 1,129

Go to solution

@hopeandgraham

Whilst BT use the EE network you will need the update for Wi-Fi and 4G calling to work as it will require the update for BT Mobile which is in the firmware from Apple in 11.3 as well as updates to the sim.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 343 of 1,129

Go to solution

@john9411

Most of the comments here have been from people on the iOS public beta and as BT seem to be migrating the sims over. As the service is not officially launched yet details of which handsets has not been announced or what the terms for using the service will be. 

Look at using wi-fi calling on EE that should tell you which handsets are capabile of wi-fi calling.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 344 of 1,129

Go to solution

@john9411 wrote:

Most of queries and replies on here seem to be iPhone orientated.

Does anyone have any info on Android?

I have a Samung Galaxy S5 bought some time ago direct from Samsung and have just joined BT Mobile and also have very weak or no signal when at home. Am I likely to get wifi calling or will I have to change phone?

If you look into the phone settings for the Galaxy S5, you will see that wi  fi calling is an option. Also note the warning of battery usage when setting enable received calls to wi fi. This battery usage isn’t mentioned in the posts on this thread.

I recently had a sales call from BT  Mobile, and he said that he charged his battery on his high spec Android phone twice a day, as he did a lot of streaming. (Hmmmm, I charge mine once a week).

But  the truth is that you can only charge a phone battery so many times, then it has to be replaced?????

Yes!, he says: wi fi calling starts in April!

It’s a case of waiting until BT enables wi fi calling, then you can set the wi fi calling account.

0 Ratings
orozz
Aspiring Expert
Message 345 of 1,129

Go to solution

My dads BT Mobile call quality is abysmal when at home so I've updated his iPhone 7 to iOS 11.3 beta 5 with Carrier Profile 32.0

WiFi Calling is now working and voice quality is now excellent. Better signal on 4G as he now has access to band 20 4G with calling available over it.

IMG_0914.PNGIMG_0916.PNGimage1.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
NoobFirstClass
Contributor
Message 346 of 1,129

Go to solution
My girlfriends is now working on 4g calling as well as wi-fi calling. But mine refuses to call over 4g and Wi-fi calling doesn’t work either although it’s turned on! Same phones, same account etc. Odd.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 347 of 1,129

Go to solution

@NoobFirstClass The service is not officially live yet, it seems they are updating sims with updates to enable it. Once your sim is updated and your iphone is on ios 11.3 beta 3 or above it should work. Keep and eye on the BT Mobile App or on mybtmobile.

0 Ratings
gnattycole
Contributor
Message 348 of 1,129

Go to solution
Am I the only bloke without an iPhone? Any news on the Android update? Galaxy S7 Edge. Wifi calling worked fine on EE with it.
0 Ratings
Shotgunjohn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 349 of 1,129

Go to solution
Assured by BY it's 26th for android / everyone else
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 350 of 1,129

Go to solution

@gnattycole 

The sim migration seems to be in progress prior to launch, as to what android handsets will be supported has yet to be announced, but once your sim has been updated it will show in the BT Mobile App

0 Ratings