0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 363 of 1,129

Re: Wifi Calling

Go to solution
Hopeandgraham

What version of iOS are you on?
Does the BT Mobile webpage on My BT show your SIM as installed in an iPhone X? Some iPhone Xs weren’t properly recognised by the network as such and it won’t enable you if it doesn’t know you have an iPhone.

I had to temporarily put my SIM in an old Nokia and then back into the iPhone for the network to recognise it as an iPhone X.
0 Ratings
Pleen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 364 of 1,129

Go to solution
When WiFi calling is active I can see BT WiFi... at the top of the screen, but I can’t see anything similar for the 4G element.
Apart from within the BT app, are there any indicators that 4G calling is enabled?
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 365 of 1,129

Go to solution
4G calling is available on iPhone 6 and above. The IMS and OTA updates to the sim will enable it. But how it shows on the handset isn’t very clear. On the iPhone X it’s still the same old 4G

If you go to Speedtest.net or use the app it will say EE -LTE when testing.

On Android handsets it is show with VoLTE
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 366 of 1,129

Go to solution

Just to add to the 4G calling...

If we are to believe what is written online 😉 EE say that 4G calling has now been rolled out across it's network, so technically... if you have 4G coverage, You have an enabled sim and a supported handset then you will have 4G calling..

0 Ratings
icomm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 367 of 1,129

Go to solution

thanks to this forum's help i have progress. i now have two Yes's in the app and the website corectly identify's my iphone x. But still no 4g calling or services. have done the SIM swap multiple times, sent texts, turned wifi calling on and off - i'm up to beta 5 and have 32 so all i can do now is wait... and stand on a chair! 

thanks for your help so far everyone

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 368 of 1,129

Go to solution

@icomm

You dont have to stand on a chair, but I hear leaving mini eggs for the easter bunny works Smiley Very Happy

Disable wi-fi calling... turn off wi-fi.... turn back on wi-fi.... then enable wi-fi calling... and wait. You dont have to keep switching things on and off now. The sim migration process seems to be updating sims daily...

0 Ratings
chrissheppy69
Contributor
Message 369 of 1,129

Go to solution

I have a oneplus 5t and in the BT mobile app it says wifi and 4g calling "NO" any clues ?

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 370 of 1,129

Go to solution

Wi-Fi & 4G calling is coming to everyone with a supported handset, it hasnt formally launched yet so dont worry about it showing in the app yet. BT have not listed what devices or how the service will work with android handsets. Have a look and see if its a handset thats used on the EEnetwork via their website this may give you an indication of what handsets can use wi-fi calling

This is what the mothership's  website says (EE)

You’ll need a compatible phone bought directly from us 

The following devices bought from other retailers should support WiFi Calling (please check when buying a phone from a retailer whether or not it supports WiFi Calling, as we cannot guarantee phones purchased from third parties will support the feature):

• Apple iPhone 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE, 7,  7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X
  • Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, S7, S7 edge, S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+, A3 (2017), A5 (2017), Note 8
  • Nexus 5X, 6P
  • Nokia 3, 5, 8
  • Lumia 550, 650, 950, 950XL
  • HTC 10, U11
  • BlackBerry Priv, Dtek 50, Dtek 60, KEYone
  • Google Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL
  • Huawei P10, P10 Lite, P10 Plus
  • Sony Xperia XZ1, Xperia XZ1 Compact

The handsets will need to be unlocked to use BT Mobile and on the latest firmware!

0 Ratings