Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hakdaddy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1061 of 1,140

Re: Wifi Calling

Go to solution

Was using an unlocked BlackBerry KEYone and even though its on the list of devices that works with EE WiFi calling should work with BT Mobile Wifi Calling nothing worked. Changed sim, contacted the useless chat support team who lied and sent me around in circles and tried changing apn settings.

Friday I got an unlocked BlackBerry KEY2 which isnt on BT Mobile supported list of devices and in the BT Mobile app says my device doesnt have 4G calling and WiFi calling. However when i flicked the switch on WiFi calling low and behold it works on this device! KEY2 uses Oreo 8.1 and KEYone is currently on 7.1 awaiting the Oreo update. Based on what ive read elsewhere it would seem like the Oreo update is the key to getting WiFi calling on unlocked devices. Ill try 4G calling later when im out to see if that works 🙂

0 Ratings
Dogandbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1062 of 1,140

Go to solution

SamsungA5 2017, Wi-fi calling was working great on this phone it had the Oreo update and all was working .

Last week there was another software update on the phone since this was installed  I can no longer get Wi-fi calling even with the EE APN. 

0 Ratings
rbz5416
Contributor
Message 1063 of 1,140

Go to solution

Just to update my Samsung S5 story.

Flashing with EE firmware enabled WiFi Calling but the battery drain when no 3/4G signal was crippling. So it appears that the implementation is a bit suspect, maybe why it's not officially recognised anywhere for the S5.

I've now replaced it with a Nokia 8 & battery drain on WiFi Calling is neglible.

0 Ratings
mispeltyuoth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1064 of 1,140

Go to solution

It may have already been said on here but I've just bought an unlocked Moto G6 Play from Amazon running Android 8.0.0 (Oreo) and both wi-fi and 4G calling worked 'out of the box'.

0 Ratings
Ollie2222
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1065 of 1,140

Go to solution
I think this has already been said in this thread but wifi and 4g calling works perfectly with a Nokia 7 Plus with Android 8.1 and the July security update (it may well have worked with previous versions too).
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 1066 of 1,140

Go to solution

It's good to hear that more handsets are starting to work after the latest Android update. However, as you may have seen however some handsets that are not officially supported that were previously working are no longer able to use the service after the last update.

BT will currently only gaurantee the service will work on iPhones 5S and above, and S9/S9+, A8 (2018) with stock firmware.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
DerekP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1067 of 1,140

Go to solution

Good news

Android update today on my unmodified BT supplied Samsung A3 2017 - wifi calling now enabled!

Happy days

0 Ratings
gnattycole
Contributor
Message 1068 of 1,140

Go to solution

Anyone with a Samsung S7 Edge, beware! Latest Android update (30th July18) has killed my wifi calling, which was working fine up until the update. A royal PITA!!!

0 Ratings
Dogandbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1069 of 1,140

Go to solution

The latest android update also killed Wi-fi calling on my Samsung A5 2017

0 Ratings
slpjm_00
Message 1070 of 1,140

Go to solution

I bought a dual sim Samsung S9 128Gb from Kuwait and didn't have Wifi calling with my BT sim.

After pointless discussions with BT, I found this thread. Putting my wife's EE sim in my phone, wifi calling was active. So after activating wifi calling with the EE sim, I then inserted the BT sim but chose "EE" which it asked me to confirm the network. I now have wifi calling enabled!

I was considering anyway flashing my phone with latest UK firmware if it didn't work as my phone seems to be stuck on an older May fireware and not updated to the June patch but at at least I know it's not a necessity if I want wifi calling.

Thanks for the advice.

0 Ratings