Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sleepymonster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1071 of 1,129

Re: Wifi Calling

Go to solution

HI, i have just bought a Oneplus 6 and can confirm it works great on BT wifi calling and 4g calling straight out the box, you can even start on wifi calling go outside on to 4g calling then walk back inside on to wifi calling again and it doesn’t drop the call I am very impressed impressed with it. Strangely the BT mobile app and website say NO & NO for compatibility. 

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 1072 of 1,129

Go to solution

Hi @sleepymonster

The reason the app says no and no is due to the fact that BT don’t officially support that handset for Wi-fi and 4G calling. 

This means future updates from Android “may” affect the service or stop it working. But for now it’s all working and it’s all good. Glad to hear it’s working well tho Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
organic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1073 of 1,129

Go to solution

Hi to all does any one have sony xperia xz1 compact wifi calling working as I have the phone but not seem to find it in settings.

The phone is not from BT sim only from another shop.

Thanks

0 Ratings
johna56
Beginner
Message 1074 of 1,129

Go to solution

Hi

My S7 edge is the same, contacted BT online help and they say I need a new SIM which they're sending through. We'll see if that fixes it

0 Ratings
organic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1075 of 1,129

Go to solution
Did you ask for a wifi calling sim as mine is only about 2 weeks old as I got a new one to try?
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 1076 of 1,129

Go to solution

Hi @organic

All BT SIM cards are provisioned for Wi-fi & 4G calling and will work providing that the handset is able to support the service and has the correct firmware. 

BT will only guarantee the service will work on iPhone 5s and above and S9/S9+ and A8(2018). 

The latest android firmware allowed some handsets to use the service but was we have seen it also took the  service away. In some instances a new sim may help but it is unlikely unless it’s in an officially supported handset. If you want to try a new sim you can order one via the sim section of your account on myBT. 

0 Ratings
gnattycole
Contributor
Message 1077 of 1,129

Go to solution
Keep us posted johna. I have the same phone and same problem so I'll see if your new SIM fixes it.
0 Ratings
henderng
Beginner
Message 1078 of 1,129

Go to solution

I've just received a firmware update for my Samsung S7 that has restored both wi-fi calling and 4G calling

gnattycole
Contributor
Message 1079 of 1,129

Go to solution
That's welcome news. Hopefully I'll see one soon.
0 Ratings
gnattycole
Contributor
Message 1080 of 1,129

Go to solution
Just did a manual software update and it's worked. Thanks henderng.