cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guygy1
Message 1121 of 1,134

Re: Wifi Calling

Go to solution
I know it's been asked before but I haven't found an answer to getting WiFi calling working on a Google pixel 2 XL bought from carphone warehouse. Thanks. I've tried putting the APN in manually. Thanks.
0 Ratings
jamesripper
Beginner
Message 1122 of 1,134

Go to solution

Same, in exactly the same situation, anyone got it working with a unlocked Pixel 2 XL and a BT sim ? 

0 Ratings
jamesripper
Beginner
Message 1123 of 1,134

Go to solution

in same situation, anyone got this working with a Pixel 2 XL unlocked and a BT sim ?

0 Ratings
stofts
Message 1124 of 1,134

Go to solution

I'd love to know this too.  I really want a Google Pixel 3 but do not want to buy it without BT Wi-fi calling.

0 Ratings
BMS
Message 1125 of 1,134

Go to solution

Watched this thread from the start, 2 iPhones and an S8+ all happily working on wi-fi calling,  Came home today and my Pixel 2XL working.....finally.  On Nov updates but didn't notice anything immediatley after so not sure if it had anything to do with it.

Happy days, Just need VoLTE now.

0 Ratings
mellorij
Contributor
Message 1126 of 1,134

Go to solution

Just made a call on my Pixel 2 and WIFI calling has suddently started working!!!

Ian

0 Ratings
l3nwb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1127 of 1,134

Go to solution

My spare phone a  cheapo Nokia 2.1 bought from Carphonewarehouse running a BT sim works lovely on wifi calling even though when I login to my account on BT website say it say's I don't get it😀 nor 4G too.

0 Ratings
gnattycole
Contributor
Message 1128 of 1,134

Go to solution
Yeah, it's all working fine now. Needed a firmware update which was a while coming but been using WiFi calling for nearly a year now.
0 Ratings
nfindlay
Message 1129 of 1,134

Go to solution
Anyone able to help me with my phone? It's the Sony XZ Premium running the unlocked UK firmware.

Im having problems getting WiFi calling to work and 4G calling refuses to work. Both these features worked fine when I was with EE. I have a toggle for WiFi calls but this does not do anything when switched on or off. 4G just drops straight to 3G as soon as a call is made.

If I try my SIM in my partners S9 it allows WiFi calling and 4G calling so I dont think its a problem with the SIM.

Things I've tried so far;
-Using the EE APN with the stock firmware with no success
-Using the EE firmware but then there is no WiFi calling toggle and 4G calling still drops to 3G.

When digging deeper into some settings menus, I can see both Volte and WiFi calling have been provisioned. However checking the ims status says it is unregistered and that volte, WiFi calling and video calling are unavailable.

Anyone able to help Please?
0 Ratings
Dungiven
Contributor
Message 1130 of 1,134

Go to solution

I have an unlocked Sony XZ2 handset which i was using for Vodafone wi-fi calling and then last week ordered BT mobile sim deal as was assured by BT mobile chat that my handset would work with BT Mobile wifi calling but unfortunately it does not so cancelled the sim deal.Anyone using the Sony XZ2 with BT wi-fi calling? If anyone can suggest an unlocked / sim free android  handset that works out of the box   for wi-fi /4G calling as of September 2019 without any firmware flashes etc  please let me know so i can order it and re-order the BT mobile sim deal.Thank you.

0 Ratings