Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob_s
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1131 of 1,136

Re: Wifi Calling

Go to solution

My son recently purchased an unlocked Samsung a20e from Argos. It works with both 4g calling and WiFi calling with bt.

I have a Huawei mate 20 lite also unlocked and from Argos ( had it before Google issues) and this works well with WiFi calling and 4g calling. Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Dungiven
Contributor
Message 1132 of 1,136

Go to solution

Thank you Rob_s. Just to be 100% the 2  sim free phones you mentioned required no firmware updates etc but are working out of the box with BT mobile wi-fi and 4G  calling? Thanks for the info.Not a great fan of Samsung so will check out prices for the Huawei you mentioned.

0 Ratings
Rob_s
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1133 of 1,136

Go to solution

Both the Samsung and the Huawei worked straight out of the box, no tweaking required. I would recommend the mate 20 lite, very good phone for the money. I think you can pick it up for around £200 from Argos and other places.

0 Ratings
Dungiven
Contributor
Message 1134 of 1,136

Go to solution

Thank you again for the confirmation. May have to ebay my Sony XZ2 and find a deal for the Huawei.

0 Ratings
PahuljicaZ
Beginner
Message 1135 of 1,136

Go to solution

Hi all,

I unlocked both 4G calling and wifi calling on both of our phones but it doesn't seem to work. Guys on the chat support said I should put the phone in airplane mode, shutdown, take out the SIM and put it back and reboot but that made zero effect. I can see VoLTE sign on mobile data but the line is breaking in my house with poor reception and the app is saying devices not compatible, any ideas what to do?

Phones are: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro and Pocophone F1, both global version firmware.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Expert
Message 1136 of 1,136

Go to solution

Hi @PahuljicaZ 

Although this discussion is very long it may be worth reading through it because there are discussions about firmware, what works etc. Try looking around Page 60 onwards, changing your firmware could be an option but there are risks. Alternatively, if you have no mobile reception at home, you could call BT and ask about Signal Assist. This connects to your Hub and creates a 3G signal up to 15m.

0 Ratings