Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 1,081

Re: Wifi Calling

Go to solution

@ChrisJohn wrote:

Please, will someone in BT tell us if they plan to implement "Wifi calling" allowing the use of the internet to use the mobile's calling facilities?  If there are no plans to do this then please tell us why not.  I can then vote with my feet if I am left with no other option. 

Like any company, BT would not announce such things in response to a single customer's forum request. Nor will they enter into dicussions about why they've made any specific decision. 

0 Ratings
ChrisJohn
Contributor
Message 12 of 1,081

Go to solution

I am not naive enough to think that one voice can make a difference.  However, I am merely adding my views to those already expressed by others. It might surprise you to know that there are companies out there that do actually listen to their customers.

Clearly as time goes by one can imagine that there will be some form of merging of the BT and EE product offerings, particularly when one considers the savings that they expect to make going forward. Hopefully the best of both will be retained?   From the point of view of the mobile operators, implementing a facility such as "Wifi calling" is probably a lot cheaper than trying to fill black spots in the cellular network coverage.

I would also disagree that companies will never enter into discussions about decisions made. Some actually invite suggestions of features that could improve service.  In the long term, companies that listen to their customers are the ones that survive and grow.   

planetf1
Expert
Message 13 of 1,081

Go to solution
I concur... This omission is frustrating. Hopefully before too long
0 Ratings
Meteosat
Contributor
Message 14 of 1,081

Go to solution

I am in a coastal location, and with my BT mobile I have very poor coverage indoors (EE network I am assuming), often no reception atall. However landline with BT Infinity gives me dl speeds of over 73mbs, so if there was a femtocel or wifi enabled ap similar to O2 TU, I would be glad to make BT my main mobile provider for £5 a month. Hope our views could be forwarded to some consumer panel.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 1,081

Go to solution

I agree. Its not as if you are the only one calling for this.  I've come here looking for information ahead of joining BT mobile, and found plenty of other similar threads in various web sites.

It is ludicrous that BT have BT Smart Talk (which allows wifi calling on my mobile using my home number), and have bought and use EE network (which allows wifi calling) yet cannot provide an wifi/ internet calling service on their mobile network.

They claim 98% coverage, yet I have seen many questions asking about this very issue, so there must be a lot of that 2% with BT Mobile!  I am in a location that is shown as having a good signal on every network coverage map, but in reality is quite poor.

I'm about to order a BT SIM and it concerns me that I may have to use the 14 day return period to cancel it.  If it does not get a signal, it is useless without wifi calling. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings
TommyAwesome
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 1,081

Go to solution

So, another month has passed on this, and I assume there is still no Wifi Calling available for BT mobile - This is shocking!!!

This will literally be the deciding factore in whether I stay with Vodafone, or move to BT... and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

0 Ratings
TommyAwesome
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 1,081

Go to solution

Just had a chat with the BT online Chat... I was told that Wifi Calling is being worked on and will be made available to all customers within the next 1-2 months... I meant to save the chat - but forgot! So no actual proof this was said.

0 Ratings
ShadyCreek
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 1,081

Go to solution

It would appear it is under serious consideration given that it's a question in the survey currently running.  

Definitely get that completed if you haven't already, as it all gives weight to the cause. 

You can get to the survey from the links at the top of the mobile threads. 

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Contributor
Message 19 of 1,081

Go to solution

Thanks for the info guys and the reminder about the survey. Done now.

0 Ratings
orozz
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 1,081

Go to solution
Hope this comes into fruition. Completed the survey with this in mind.
0 Ratings