Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisJohn
Contributor
Message 31 of 1,136

Re: Wifi Calling

Go to solution

I have received an email telling me that there is an accepted solution in the thread but if there is, it is eluding me!

Clearly until BT enables WiFi calling this thread should remain open?  If I am wrong and it has now been enabled, hopefull someone will soon post a real solution?

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 32 of 1,136

Go to solution

I always prefer a landline, which comes free with our broadband, even in areas of no mobile coverage.  I have a mobile for emails, bus tracker, taxi booking but I've not told anyone my number so I don't get calls.

0 Ratings
ChrisJohn
Contributor
Message 33 of 1,136

Go to solution

I take the point but I would be suprised your broadband/landline package gives you "free" calls to mobile numbers?  If it does, it would be unusual.  I find increasingly that people only have a mobile number or call me from one so I use the included minutes with my BT SIM to call them rather than ringing them back from my landline.  Using my BT landline to call mobile numbers is still prohibitively expensive in my opinion. 

There maybe other providers in these days of unbundled telephone exchanges who offer something different but living in a rural area none of these is ever likely to find installing their equipment in the shed that doubles as our local exchange commercially interesting.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 34 of 1,136

Go to solution

No - calls to mobile numbers are extortionate from a landline so I don't make such calls, they phone me.  I don't want to be called except at my desk which is why I seldom make mobile calls.

0 Ratings
stobbs78
Beginner
Message 35 of 1,136

Go to solution

I already get BT broadband and would sign up for BT mobile right now if wifi calling was available but I get no signal at all on EE at home which is a complete deal breaker for me. Come on BT make it happen. You are losing business because of this.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
IDL
Message 36 of 1,136

Go to solution

I've just signed up with BT Mobile and am rather dismayed to find that WiFi Calling is not available with BT.

I wonder if it's not too late to cancel my contract?

Come BT, pull your finger out!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Jul1aHa1les
Beginner
Message 37 of 1,136

Re: Wifi Calling - Help!

Go to solution

I've just switched from EE to BT Mobile.  Help, I can't make or receive calls from home any more.  BT told me that they used the EE network, so I assumed the service would be the same.  However, we have very poor mobile reception at home, which was fine because when I was with EE, it automatically used Wifi calls..  Think I'm going to have to change back again unless BT have plans to introduce Wifi calling.  Please give me an idea of timescale for this if anyone knows....  Thanks.  Julia 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 1,136

Re: Wifi Calling - Help!

Go to solution
0 Ratings
clementscastle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 1,136

Go to solution
Be careful with that. My company are now getting one of those for my home to enable my work mobile (BT) to work.
Unit costs approx £80 and there's a £2 a month charge.
0 Ratings
samuel79
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 1,136

Go to solution

@IDL  There is a 14 day cooling of period just call up and cancel un these terms 

0 Ratings