Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jul1aHa1les
Beginner
Message 41 of 1,136

Re: Wifi Calling - Help!

Go to solution

Thanks for your responses.  I've cancelled my contract with BT - after 4 days - and gone back to EE. There's no point having a phone contract if you can't make or receive calls from home.  How extraordinary that BT haven't got onto Wifi calls yet.  And, I also found that there was no-one to talk to at weekends, because they only work weekly office hours. Also, it wasn't possible to cance the contract and order a PAC code online... At least I couldn't see how.  

0 Ratings
nate
Message 42 of 1,136

BT Mobile Wifi Callings works

Go to solution
I find using the BT wifi calling works perfectly fine on iPhones. I'm unable to send texts with wifi calling, but I am able to make phone calls by turning the data setting off, turning wifi on, and then proceeding to make a phone call as per usual. I've tested this method three times (11.1.2017) and it has worked every time flawlessly. I am still unable to send text messages (using the BT wifi calling), but I am however able to both make and receive phone calls by using my home broadband and the wifi setting on iPhone(s) 🙂 previously I was unable to make and receive calls in my basement, but turning my data setting off and only using wifi works a charm anywhere with wifi.
0 Ratings
nate
Message 43 of 1,136

Re: Wifi Calling

Go to solution
I find using the BT wifi calling works perfectly fine on iPhones. I'm unable to send texts with wifi calling, but I am able to make phone calls by turning the data setting off, turning wifi on, and then proceeding to make a phone call as per usual. I've tested this method three times (11.1.2017) and it has worked every time flawlessly. I am still unable to send text messages (using the BT wifi calling), but I am however able to both make and receive phone calls by using my home broadband and the wifi setting on iPhone(s) 🙂 Happy previously I was unable to make and receive calls in my basement, but turning my data setting off and only using wifi works a charm anywhere with wifi.
0 Ratings
ChrisJohn
Contributor
Message 44 of 1,136

Go to solution

Correct me if I am mistaken but turning your data off will only stop you using the cellular network for actual data e.g. internet access, which is usually charged separately to cany calls.  Even with data turned off you will still be able to make and receive normal telephone calls anywhere there is a cellular signal.

As far as I am aware and the whole pupose of this thread is that BT does not offer Wifi calling at present unlike its new subsidiary EE whose network BT Mobile uses.  Those posting on this thread have been hoping to persuade BT to catch up with its subsidiary.

Unless something has happened of which I am unaware your calls are not being routed via Wifi.  If I am wrong that would be good news! 

0 Ratings
Duffa
Message 45 of 1,136

Go to solution

Any updates on BT and wifi calling?

I'm thinking of joining BT because Vodafone although supporting wifi calling do not support the iPhone 6 which is supported on EE and as I want a sim only deal it looks like i won't be joining BT.

PS I have 4 phones on my contract so it's their loss times 4.

0 Ratings
wilsonlaidlaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 1,136

Go to solution
I too find it unbelievable that BT STILL don't offer wifi iPhone calling, when they are supposed to provide the same mobile service as EE. I also notice that my BT Mobile signal is considerably weaker than the EE signal I get on my Orange France mobile iPhone. I usually only have one bar on BT and only rarely 3G, usually just GPRS. On my French iPhone I usually have 3 bars and if I turn on data roaming, get 3G immediately and quite often 4G. I swapped the SIMs between my two unlocked iPhones to check it was not a phone problem and it wasn't. BT's map shows I should get excellent 4G coverage indoors and outdoors. It would appear to be a work of fiction. I will change back to O2, the day my contract is up with BT. The tiny amount of money I save with BT every month, has been massively outweighed by the inconvenience and poor service. Their Indian call centres are appalling also, with minimal language and comprehension skills. I suspect they pay their call centre staff very poorly and therefore do not get the quality of staff that others do.
0 Ratings
4woodend
Contributor
Message 47 of 1,136

Go to solution

The Signal Assist box (http://btsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57038/c/7707) allows mobile connections deep in the Scottish Highlands.   I have a personal account with BT, use BT Mobile and BT Broadband with HHB5 - and it works well - so far...

0 Ratings
ashleyjones91
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 1,136

Go to solution

hopefully it soon be told bt is working on it  

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 1,136

Go to solution

Before switching from EE to BT mobile I did ask if wifi calling would be available. I was told that everything hat EE  offer would be offered BT. 

I switched hoping ping this would happen but BT seem not to care. Inadequate mobile signal in north Norfolk and unwilling to offer wifi calling to overcome this.

when my contract ends I shall switch back.

0 Ratings
moira1951
Beginner
Message 50 of 1,136

Go to solution
Was ready to switch to BT sim only as I've my own iPhone 6s. My contract is with Vodafone but I only remain with them due to wifi calling. Asked about it but girl was vague and didn't think they could do it. Shame as I'd have moved. Come on BT.
0 Ratings