cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbrose77
Message 61 of 1,136

Re: Wifi Calling

Go to solution
Also further to this wouldn't surprise me if the keep the features that EE have different to BT to keep them competitive. I get the impression BT mobile is the cheap line and EE is premium judging by the difference in SIM only costs.

You also get visual voicemail with EE.
0 Ratings
lonetuber1
Message 62 of 1,136

Go to solution

@orozz wrote:

The S7 EDGE Wi-Fi calling will work no matter where you bought the handset from according to EE. EE Wi-Fi Calling phones

I'm using my BT SIM in a Samsung Galaxy A5 2017. The Wi-Fi calling option is there as it VoLTE but both do nothing.

Ahh that must be reasonably new then as this was nowhere to be seen, This was not on their site when i was ordering my phone aswell as i called EE and Carphone Warehouse in which both cases they said i needed to purchase direct from EE not Carphone warehouse or Wi-Fi calling will not work.

0 Ratings
Furzul
Contributor
Message 63 of 1,136

Go to solution

I have just joined BT for my landline and broadband. My wife and I would also taken out the family sim option if wi-fi calling had been available. 

0 Ratings
wilkinsona
Message 64 of 1,136

Go to solution
I spoke to BT Customer Services re this on Wednesday (12/7/17) and was told that BT plan to launch wifi calling in August this year.
0 Ratings
ShadyCreek
Aspiring Expert
Message 65 of 1,136

Go to solution

That really would be very nice indeed. 

Let's hope so.  

0 Ratings
orozz
Aspiring Expert
Message 66 of 1,136

Go to solution
Just confirmed with me too. Excellent
0 Ratings
Message 67 of 1,136

Go to solution

That would be awesome. I was on EE but recently changed to BT thinking it would work the same way with Wifi Calling. Man, i hope this is true because my signal struggles where I live as there is only one cell site that my carrier is using in this particular part of Holmfirth. It was the same situation with EE hence why both me and my partner both had an old Blackberry with EE sim's using Wifi calling. We then both switched to Samsung s6 with EE but mine got broken beyond repair (Fast Moving Train Long Story).

I am now using BT in my backup phone. I know for a fact that if they add this feature many people will switch to them especially those who have the Internet from BT and home phone because you can then manage all coms accounts in the same place and have one provider etc. I like that idea myself.

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 1,136

Go to solution

Its Halfway through August and still no Wifi Calling from BT.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 69 of 1,136

Go to solution
Be patient it’s almost here. It’s currently on trial as we speak. It’s best they get it right than launch something that fall over.
0 Ratings
ShadyCreek
Aspiring Expert
Message 70 of 1,136

Go to solution

Agreed.  I'd rather wait and have something that is proven on the trial. 

0 Ratings