Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hopeandgraham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 81 of 1,136

Re: Wifi Calling

Go to solution

Apparently Wi-Fi calling will arrive on BT before the of of 2017. The guy I spoke to said it might even appear within a month.

I decided not to cancel my new contract following that advice - so I'm hoping its accurate!

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 82 of 1,136

Go to solution
Stick with it, Wi-fi calling is currently being tested via the trials team and those registered on the trials portal. Although no date has been set I can’t see it taking too long and it works really well more so than the signal box.
0 Ratings
orozz
Aspiring Expert
Message 83 of 1,136

Go to solution
It's needed more than ever now at home. Have always been happy with T-Mobile/EE and BT Mobile coverage from my local site until recently when the whole site was refreshed for 4G. 4G barely works indoors, no 3G anymore and 2G is pretty poor quality.
0 Ratings
jchhenderson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 84 of 1,136

Go to solution

I was on the phone with a BT rep yesterday who told me that WIFI calling would not be available intil Q1, 2018...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 85 of 1,136

Go to solution

It has to be field trialled first, to identify any issues.

0 Ratings
liambardz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 86 of 1,136

Go to solution
I’m getting WiFi calling today, I’m moving to Vodafone. Fed up of broken promises from BT.
0 Ratings
ShadyCreek
Aspiring Expert
Message 87 of 1,136

Go to solution

Voda have definitely caught up a bit on 4G availability, but I still find call quality to be very poor at times.  Seems to jump to 3G during calls. 

0 Ratings
Cepenpark
Contributor
Message 88 of 1,136

Go to solution

Today my iPhone had an update to the BT Mobile App, which has a new section called Phone Connectivity for 4G Calling and Wi-Fi Calling, where you can find out more by clicking the link. This suggests you turn on Wi-Fi Calling by turning it on in your settings.

Very frustrating as BT have not yet issued an iPhone Carrier Settings update to enable this. Presumably it is coming as the App now includes it, but all a bit a** about face.

0 Ratings
jchhenderson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 89 of 1,136

Go to solution

same here.

I have 7 days to decide whether to move or stay.  Very frustrating, but the safe bet is to move.

0 Ratings
chrissheppy69
Contributor
Message 90 of 1,136

Go to solution

Yes I recived the update too, looks like it will only work with the latest Android phones and iPhone, very frustrating that they haven't gone down the same route as three with an app based wifi calling so it is open to all, can't see me renewing my 4 sim contracts either if this is the case...

0 Ratings