cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gavlar_oosh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Wifi and 4G calling setup

I have a galaxy s9+ sim free with a bt sim and I can't use 4G or WiFi calling I have the setting for WiFi calling and it's on but it says that my phone is not compatible when it says it is any suggestions as the online chat support is useless they don't have a clue
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: Wifi and 4G calling setup

@Gavlar_oosh

Hi. Did the mobile chat team confirm if your sim had been migrated yet for the services? If not you really need check  before anything else  

The handset settings may be enabled but it won’t work without the sim updates. Some users are experiencing a small wait in getting their sim updated  

BT only officially support handsets purchased from them, but if your sim has been enabled and it’s still not working, try changing the APN setting to EE and see if that works  if not if maybe a case of the firmware variant not being the correct version for BT to work and may need to be flashed 

0 Ratings
Gavlar_oosh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Thanks for the reply I've tried that but didn't work I'm having a new sim card hopefully that will fix it

0 Ratings
Hakdaddy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Im having exactly the same issue, so do I need a brand new SIM to make this wifi calling work? I'm using a supported handset based on BT's own list and have wifi calling switched no but no bueno so far.
0 Ratings
Gavlar_oosh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

I had my New sim and it Has made no difference at all i still cant use wifi or 4g calling no clue why and to be honest I can't be bothered with the continued hassle
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 14

Hi @Gavlar_oosh

As your handset didn’t come from BT the firmware version on the handset won’t be compatable. 

It seems the only handsets with an EVR variant work regardless of them being sim free or unlocked.  You can flash the handset to an EVR firmware but do so st your own risk 

BT will only officially support the S9 if it was purchased from them I’m afraid. 

0 Ratings
Gavlar_oosh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Thanks for the info I'll try that
0 Ratings
Gavlar_oosh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

I've checked my firmware an I'm running the EVR firmware it's as high as I can go if you have any other advice that would be appreciated
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 14

@Gavlar_oosh

Was it the EE - EVR firmware? To be honest I'm an Apple Boy.. but send a message to @Mark77 he is a bit of a wizz on the old android front he maybe help... 

0 Ratings
Mark77
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Do neither work? Or is it just 4G calling that's not working? 

If you're definitely on EVR and your SIM has been enabled, there's no reason it shouldn't work. 

Did you flash your phone to EVR? If so, did you factory reset afterwards?

0 Ratings