cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Will BT work with the cellular Apple Watch

Go to solution
Just wondering if there's any plans for BT to work with the new cellular Apple Watch?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
andrewmull
Message 2 of 7

Re: Will BT work with the cellular Apple Watch

Go to solution
I certainly hope so, as I asked that question this afternoon before I signed up to BT Mobile, and was told the package would work with the Apple watch
0 Ratings
yacoboy
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I highly doubt it, The apple website only states the EE network is compatible (and not 3G only 4G).

As BT customers do not have access to the full 4G service from EE (no VoLTE, no 800mhz, no 4G+ etc) I would doubt it will be compatible. Just a guess though 🙂

0 Ratings
andrewmull
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Yacoboy, you were spot on 🙁. Not only would the Watch not work on a BT network, but it turned out that I have zero network coverage where I live (despite being assured by BT sales operative that I would have 4G!!!) so not even the phone worked. Contract cancelled, back to previous provider. Hey ho!☹️
0 Ratings
chrissheppy69
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

No access to 800mhz ? How do you get that ? Is Bt lying to us as they state they use exactly the same frequency as EE. I would like to see evidence on that ! Or would a mod like to clarify this ?

0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
No, and not any time soon is my guess.

BT Mobile doesn't even support much more technically straightforward Apple services like Visual Voicemail and Wifi Calling.

If you want to save money, BT Mobile's great. If you want all the bells and whistles, you need to choose EE.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
4G calling is clearly on the cards as is Wi-fi calling. Recently text had appeared both on the BT mobile app and BT mobile website. This isn’t to say it will come tomorrow but I would say it’s sooner rather than later.

4G calling (not 4g networks) is a fairly new technology for U.K. networks and that testing maybe taking place based on comments made on various threads.
0 Ratings