Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSB1980
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Will I get double data automatically?

Go to solution

I renewed my BT Infinity contract for 18 months yesterday by signing up to BT Plus. I'm also interested in switching to BT Mobile as it's the only service I don't currently obtain from BT and the double data perk as a Plus customer interests me.

When I go into my billing and account overview to view my Plus perks, it provides a link to add a mobile plan, but it takes me to the standard mobile ordering pages which make no mention of the double data offer that I am now entitled to. If I order a BT Mobile SIM plan this way, will the double data be applied automatically to my account upon order completion, or is there a different method of ordering I'm unaware of which I should use being a Plus customer now? I don't want to go through the rigmarole of switching mobile providers, porting my number etc unless the switch is seemless and with the double data privilege, and it's not clear to me at all what I should do next.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Will I get double data automatically?

Go to solution

Hi @JSB1980

The Plus benefits are associated with the account, so you select your plan as normal then the systewm should add double data and 4G fastest speed. The double data applies to all mobiles on the account that Plus has been added to.

JSB1980
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@JSB1980wrote:

I renewed my BT Infinity contract for 18 months yesterday by signing up to BT Plus. I'm also interested in switching to BT Mobile as it's the only service I don't currently obtain from BT and the double data perk as a Plus customer interests me.

When I go into my billing and account overview to view my Plus perks, it provides a link to add a mobile plan, but it takes me to the standard mobile ordering pages which make no mention of the double data offer that I am now entitled to. If I order a BT Mobile SIM plan this way, will the double data be applied automatically to my account upon order completion, or is there a different method of ordering I'm unaware of which I should use being a Plus customer now? I don't want to go through the rigmarole of switching mobile providers, porting my number etc unless the switch is seemless and with the double data privilege, and it's not clear to me at all what I should do next.

Thanks!

Hi @JSB1980. I strongly recommend calling as what’s on offer is always more than you get on line. I did the same thing, took out plus and have justed moved my mobile to BT Mobile. I decided on the £10 plan with 1Gb of data (2Gb with plus) and was immediately offered 4Gb doubled up to 8Gb with plus for the same price. 

JSB1980
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you for the tip, Veteran, I shall do that 🙂

0 Ratings