cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ian90210
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Worst service from any phone company EVER- BT can't organise a replacement SIM

I have been trying to get a replacement SIM for my new phone from BT for 2 weeks now and am losing the will to live

For some reason BT kept sending the SIM to an old account address rather than my current billing address  (despite the fact there is no option to select an address and SIM cards should only ever go to the billing address)

After complaining and being assured the address was correct the same thing happened again.

I complained and spent 1 hour on the phone to Newcastle while they tried to find any record of the old address and remove it.

I finally received two SIMs to the right address and think the problem is solved.   I contacted BT to check which one and they confirmed the number.

6 HOURS LATER - no service.  And now BT tell me the only active SIM is one from the 2nd August despite the fact they've sent out 5 SIMs since that one.

And of course the only solution that their chat can come up with is to send yet another SIM.

HOW CAN ANY PHONE COMPANY BE THIS BAD.   Why not just allow people to enter the SIM number when they activate a SIM?   I have not been able to use my new iphone for 2 weeks now thanks to BT incompetence

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
PaddyB
Message 2 of 3

Re: Worst service from any phone company EVER- BT can't organise a replacement SIM

Hi @ian90210,

I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry it been so difficult getting that replacement SIM.

Did you manage to get this sorted? If not, I'll be more than happy to help. You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
ian90210
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Worst service from any phone company EVER- BT can't organise a replacement SIM

Still not sorted - it's now 18 days and counting since a simple request for a replacement SIM to fit my new phone with endless hours of my life wasted.

And my existing phone has now been cutoff during the process

I'm wishing I'd just moved to another provider two weeks ago rather than perservering but I really didn't think BT would find it so difficult to organise a replacement SIM on an existing account.   

Meanwhile the website shows delightful messages like this if I even try and look at what is happening with the latest order:

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 20.04.10.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-20 at 18.48.20.png

0 Ratings