Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Wrong mobile phone details showing on My BT

Go to solution

Five months ago I purchased an new Samsung Galaxy A51 from BT.  I took out the SIM from my old mobile and put it into the new phone.  Had a message from BT to say it looked like I was using a new phone and to install some software they would send - which I could not find.  The phone worked OK and allowed me to make calls and texts.

When I looked at my mobile details on my BT it was still showing the old phone so I ordered a replacement SIM, installed it and again everything worked except that, five months later, my old phone is still showing on My BT as my registered mobile.  When I installed the new SIM I got the same message to say BT were sending me some software to install but again, I could not find it.

How can I change the mobile phone details on My BT?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Wrong mobile phone details showing on My BT

Go to solution

Sorry, can I jump on this topic?

Just checking your (@Waikohu) details and find I too have this problem for my wife's mobile. Several months ago, I treated her to a surprise purchase of an iPhone 8+ to replace her iPhone 6.

On MyBT, upon checking, I see the old iPhone 6 details are stored. Although this does not impact the iPhone 8+, I would still wish to have updated details stored on MyBT.

As with @Waikohu, I would too would appreciate instructions as to how to correct this (bearing in mind I cannot 'phone as I am deaf)

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

That's interesting because I've checked my MyBT and it doesn't even show my what phone I have when I check my mobile package... But after checking, I'm eligible for an upgrade so I'm now phone hunting 🤣

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@Waikohu Thanks for asking this question. I jumped on to MyBT and while I didn't find an answer to your question I did find my phone contract is in it upgrade window so on Tuesday I will have a Google Pixel4a with no upfront payment, more data than I currently have and a £12 a month saving on my current plan... 👌

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Happy for you @NigelB72 . I too get offers but am happy with what we have - Family SIMs.

Both @Waikohu and I are asking why MyBT contains the information relative to a previous phone.

Where it says iPhone 6, the phone using the BT Sim is now an iPhone 8+

Wrong phone.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

If removing/re-inserting the sim doesn't fix it, then it's usually only solved if you speak to the mobile help team. They can either fix it straight away, or send a case off to a team who can fix the data shown on MyBT to get it updated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you ctrlz,

I managed to get through to the mobile help line this afternoon and the person I spoke to knew about this sort of problem.  He has raised the issue with the tech team and told me to expect it to have been put right within 3 working days.

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings