Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Waikohu
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Wrong mobile phone details showing on My BT

Go to solution

Five months ago I purchased an new Samsung Galaxy A51 from BT.  I took out the SIM from my old mobile and put it into the new phone.  Had a message from BT to say it looked like I was using a new phone and to install some software they would send - which I could not find.  The phone worked OK and allowed me to make calls and texts.

When I looked at my mobile details on my BT it was still showing the old phone so I ordered a replacement SIM, installed it and again everything worked except that, five months later, my old phone is still showing on My BT as my registered mobile.  When I installed the new SIM I got the same message to say BT were sending me some software to install but again, I could not find it.

How can I change the mobile phone details on My BT?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Wrong mobile phone details showing on My BT

Go to solution

Sorry, can I jump on this topic?

Just checking your (@Waikohu) details and find I too have this problem for my wife's mobile. Several months ago, I treated her to a surprise purchase of an iPhone 8+ to replace her iPhone 6.

On MyBT, upon checking, I see the old iPhone 6 details are stored. Although this does not impact the iPhone 8+, I would still wish to have updated details stored on MyBT.

As with @Waikohu, I would too would appreciate instructions as to how to correct this (bearing in mind I cannot 'phone as I am deaf)

Thank you.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

That's interesting because I've checked my MyBT and it doesn't even show my what phone I have when I check my mobile package... But after checking, I'm eligible for an upgrade so I'm now phone hunting 🤣

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

@Waikohu Thanks for asking this question. I jumped on to MyBT and while I didn't find an answer to your question I did find my phone contract is in it upgrade window so on Tuesday I will have a Google Pixel4a with no upfront payment, more data than I currently have and a £12 a month saving on my current plan... 👌

0 Ratings
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Happy for you @NigelB72 . I too get offers but am happy with what we have - Family SIMs.

Both @Waikohu and I are asking why MyBT contains the information relative to a previous phone.

Where it says iPhone 6, the phone using the BT Sim is now an iPhone 8+

Wrong phone.png

0 Ratings
ctrlz
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

If removing/re-inserting the sim doesn't fix it, then it's usually only solved if you speak to the mobile help team. They can either fix it straight away, or send a case off to a team who can fix the data shown on MyBT to get it updated.

0 Ratings
Waikohu
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Thank you ctrlz,

I managed to get through to the mobile help line this afternoon and the person I spoke to knew about this sort of problem.  He has raised the issue with the tech team and told me to expect it to have been put right within 3 working days.

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
DWRAGG
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Yes, that's what I did to no avail!! Still says I have a iPhone 6S but it's now a Samsung A90. 

My concern is the new phone is 5G and 'My BT' says I'm set up for 4G, does this matter ?? Or is this just words on my computer, in reality I will get 5G ?

0 Ratings
ctrlz
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

You’d just need to be on a 5G enabled plan, all plans since 1st September 2020 are 5G ready, so just depends whether you’ve renewed/changed your plan since then as to whether you’d get 5G.

0 Ratings
MrBelter
Expert
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Dont worry about it, mine is still showing a mobile from years ago, i have had 4 different phones since then and they all worked fine.

0 Ratings