cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

apple watch series3 cellular

i would like to know if BT supports the cellular function of the new apple iwatch3. The apple site says only EE in the uk supports it, so does this mean also BT as EE is part of BT and BT uses the EE network.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: apple watch series3 cellular

BT may own EE but they are currently run as two separate companies. That’s why we don’t currently have visual voicemail of Wi-fi calling.

The fact that BT have not mentioned it on their website would suggest it’s not coming to BT just yet, but no doubt it will.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

o2 have said they will support it in due course. EE have clearly got in first with Apple and gained the first bit of publicity. No doubt many other operators will join in eventually.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 8

I will be getting this watch. Once it is released I will want to know when BT plan to support it. I am fine with waiting a reasonable length of time, but if BT cannot answer the ‘when’ question at all by November, we can safely assume that it will take them years. If the choice is between spending years waiting to get the watch or minutes to get my PAC code, then it won’t be a difficult choice.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

If you want premium features like wifi calling and Apple Watch support, you should transfer to EE. BT is the budget mobile offering and EE is the full service.

I doubt cellular Apple Watch support will be offered to BT Mobile customers for years, if ever at all. It's the same with the other iOS features that BT Mobile continues to not support.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

BT’s service agreement with EE was before the merger. BT will bring additional features such as Wi-fi calling and other services as and when. But you are correct, if you can’t wait go to EE and pay double.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Given that BT is very defintely the poor cousin to EE for even things like signal strength (I have an Orange France account that gets a better signal in the UK than my BT mobile one does, even if I swap the SIM's over between iPhones), I would not hold your breath waiting for Apple Watch LTE service. If you think how long we have been waiting for something like visual voicemail with no success, a small market product like LTE Watch compatibility is going to come near the bottom of any "to do" list for BT. I will not be renewing with BT when my contract is up in a few weeks. Service is just too poor with often zero signal at my house, when my Orange France phone is showing plenty. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

The Series 3 Apple Watch with LTE is the best watch Apple has ever made

0 Ratings