Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DavidC
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

dreadful service trying to order mobile phone and calling plan

Can anyone throw any light on the problem I'm having. I ordered 2 phones with calling plans on Monday via the order helpdesk. One of them turned up on Tuesday. The other one didn't. I have chased it on the phone for hours, going from one department to the next, but it seems no one can sort it out for me. It's now with the off line team with a predicted action time of 7 to 10 days!

BT have taken money for 3 phones, I ordered 2 and received 1 and I am unable to cancel the order and re-order (as I really need the phone tomorrow as we should be going away!). Can anyone suggest anything?

Can I obtain the address to write to Nick Lane who, I believe, is director of customer services?

I currently have Broadband, Landline, BT youview as well as a mobile now but I'm seriously considering moving the whole lot away from BT if this is their standard of service.

Any help would be extremely gratefully received. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: dreadful service trying to order mobile phone and calling plan

Hi @DavidC

I think it would be hard for anyone to offer any advice without knowing whats caused the issue. Normally when a bridge case is created and sent to the back office team, it can take around a 7-10 days sometimes sooner depending on the complexity of the issue.

I think if you can, is allow the issue to be resolved and get the phones you ordered and then look at the incorrect charges. The mobile team are the best people to advise on why this has happened and getting it resolved, however if after the time has eleapsed they haven't resolved it or you have issues with incorrect charges then this is something that we can ask the moderators to help with.

0 Ratings
DavidC
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I realise it's got complicated but, having spent over 2 hours on the phone to them, I don't see why we can't just cancel the order - or let me order another phone and sort it our when they resolve the original issues (apparently I can't place another order until the current orders are closed!). I made the order on line so all the problems appear to be of BT's making. Not allowing me to cancel the order and get my money back when they know they are unable to meet the order is verging on fraud. I appreciate all will be sorted eventually but the whole idea of getting us mobile phones was for us to use while we're away - and clearly that will not happen now. It's a sign of the times I guess that spending money has got easier but resolving problems (esoecially via a 'helpdesk') has become impossible.

I'm still hoping to get confirmation that Nick Lane is the man to write to.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

@DavidC

When you have a stuck open order no further actions can be taken on the account. It has to be manually closed off by a back office team. 

I appreciate taking three lots of money when you only have one handset is totally unacceptable but the reality is until the order is closed little can be done with the account. 

You can complain using this complaints form

Even if we ask a moderator to step in all they could do at the moment is check it’s with the correct team if it’s been referred to the back office team. 

0 Ratings
DavidC
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I appreciate you comments but it is a very stressful situation. I rely on BT to pay my pension and, with all my friends and family already refusing to touch them with a bargepole, it's only a matter of time I fear!! It seems time that BT updated its archaic order handling systems. 

Oh well I guess there's no more to be done at present. 

0 Ratings