cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: faulty iPhone

Go to solution

Hi @GordonC I'm sorry that your iPhone 6 has developed a fault and you are not getting any help when you contact us.

I'm not sure what the policy is in relation to this query but if you send us over your details we will be happy to check with the BT Mobile team to see what can be done for you. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods. 

Thanks
John

GordonC
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Updating the current situation

Following an email to the Executive Office earlier last week we received a reply that they will look into our problems next week.  In addition following earlier forum comments about the burden of proof lying with us, we took the phone to our local Stormfront store (Authorised Apple service provider). Their diagnostics tests found the phone to be in good working order with no damage or water damage BUT the display screen had failed. In their opinion, as the retailer it is the duty of BT to resolve this issue due to current consumer law. They offered a written report of the phone condition if required.

With this additional information we'll see what happens this week.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
GordonC
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

A final update on this.......the Executive Office acknowledged the premature hardware failure and I'm happy to say resolved the problem by replacing the iPhone.  The 1st replacement appeared to be faulty also so they replaced that one the next day.

This could have been much more satisfactory if the original Customer Services advisor had an understanding of consumer law or had been prepared to hand our problem on to someone who did, rather than saying they couldn't help.

dixonia
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Hi Gordon have an identical issue to yours. Can you advise who in the executive office you were emailing? BT Mobile are trying their utmost to ignore liability despite Apple saying that the hardware has failed prematurely

0 Ratings
GordonC
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

I directed the email to Libby Barr and the issue was picked up by the Executive Office. Hope this helps

0 Ratings