cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Radar68
Message 1 of 4

iPhone 11 Pro Max - Wifi Calling And 4G Calling

I recently upgraded from an iPhone X to iPhone 11 Pro Max.

My only issue is that the Wifi Calling and 4G calling, according to my account on the BT website and via the BT Mobile app say that they aren't activated and that they arent supported by my phone.  I occassionally see Wifi Calling in status but I'm unsure as to whether or not it's actually is active, especially considering the website and app status.

I've just spoekn to BT support and been told by them that the iPhone 11 isn't support and they are looking into it.  Surely this can't be correct can it?  The support page says nothing above the iPhone X is supported

I have a BT-C profile of 40.0 and I'm running ios 13.3.

Any experiences or advice greatly appreciated.

Radar.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: iPhone 11 Pro Max - Wifi Calling And 4G Calling

Sometimes the BT database is out of touch.

Try going to settings > mobile data > switch to ON, and see which have options are available.

You may not even need to go to the mobile data settings....the screen may show that Wi-fi calling is available, or at least the button to enable is there.

If you already have a strong 4g signal indoors, then you may not need Wi-fi calling.

0 Ratings
Radar68
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply.

I'd already checked all the settings but was told by BT that the iPhone 11 Pro  wasnt compatible yet.

That said the Wifi Calling indicator sporadically appears and I can make/take calls on 4G and browse at the same time so I'm guessing all is well.  The website and app just need time to catch up??

0 Ratings
David
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Radar68 if you put the phone in flight mode then turn on WiFi does the WiFi calling work then WiFi calling will only kick in if the signal is poor.

Apple have changed it so cellular gets priority over Vowifi.

Thanks,

David.

0 Ratings