TerryB5254
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

mms messages on my bill this month to +10020250100 - that I did not make

I have 3 lots of mms messages on my bill this month to +10020250100

BT advised I had sent MMS - I advised I had not 
I also advised I had not made a call to a +1 (USA) number
BT advised I had
They then advised me to google the number which I did and found it belongs to EE a BT Group company

BT advised EE was nothing to do with them they just used the network

I advised that the EE Forum had issues as well but it seems EE clinets also face the same issue but EE Customer service seems to respond differently to BT i.e. from the EE Forum :-

1 I've just found a picture message to this number on my bill and contacted EE. They credited me with 40p and said they would investigate the number.

2 As he was looking at my account etc his manager became aware and pulled him off the call briefly. There is a know fault where the system thinks you've sent a picture text message to a landline. Not sure why but it is being looked in to, he credited me back and said to keep and eye on the account. They are working on it though
On a separate note, well done to the guy at EE, was excellent customer service

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
TerryB5254
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: mms messages on my bill this month to +10020250100 - that I did not make

Got a call from BT telling me nothing to do with them I made the call and sent the MMS and thats all there is to it - slightly different level of service to that seems to have come from EE

0 Ratings
TerryB5254
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Again a Better responce from EE who seem to have identified the issue and provided a solution:-   I've spoken to EE again and I think this is something people are experiencing who use IPhones spoke to a helpful lady who said she's had the same issue. Go to Settings - Messages - Send & Receive. ensure that the phone number is the only thing ticked and not the email address go in to your messages and delete the texts so it doesnt try and default back.   It seems that on an IPhone when it makes an iMessage it is interpreted as an MMS so I have done what EE Technical support has advised as BT Technical support were not interested and will see if this solves the issue!   So EE refund the MMS costs and provide a technical solution - BT Customer service and Technical support say go away its your issue Heart have to love BT
0 Ratings
Cassie
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Just got our bill today and was charged 40p for this one text, thought it was weird as have never used this number.
Glad it got cleared up and can't be bothered to claim a refund but will try the above advice to solve happening again.
Many thanks to all for this puzzle.
0 Ratings
Cassie
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

just checked messages and it seems I was wrong, no messages sent on that date but a spam one was received.

apparently 1000 bitcoins has been sent to my husbands account.

They even included a web address with the message

http://www.5slc/s/2cyu5t/1b

Very strange, obviously we've been charged to receive this, very annoying, and no we don't deal in bitcoin!

0 Ratings
CB221
Message 6 of 8

Hi, This happened to me too and I've just had a very long online chat convincing BT to give me a refund! It was a small amount but the principle that mattered and I did not want it to happen again. I have read the techinical advice above and not sure I understand but have switched off MMS messaging in my settings. What effect will that have? Thanks

0 Ratings
CB221
Message 7 of 8

Hi, This has just happened to me and I have just had a very long online chat to BT to finally convince them to give me a refund! Have tried to follow the advice above but not sure I understand. I have switched off MMS messages on my iphone but not sure if that is the right thing to do. Thanks

0 Ratings
KRG
Message 8 of 8

I had a couple of these MMSs to this number, rang BT Billing (via 150) and they credited me immediately.  10/10 Customer experience; I didn't even have to wait in a queue, just told the automated system that my call was about 'Mobile Billing'.

Seems a strange sort of 'glitch' to me...

0 Ratings