cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodcrit
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

mobile phone activation on new phone

I registered 2 sim free phones with BT 4 years ago when I took out a sim free contract.   I have updated both phones twice since then, but the phone details on my BT contract page still shows the original phones at the time of opening the contract.

how do I get my current phones registered on the contract page?  this is important if a phone is stolen.

rodcrit

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: mobile phone activation on new phone

Ring 0800 800 150 or 150 from your BT mobile, speak with the mobile support team, see if they can help.
It won't be required for if the phone is stolen, you'll be asked to supply receipt for the handset purchase to claim, proof of usage will only show the simo from BT.

0 Ratings
rodcrit
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I did ring 150 some while ago.  they suggested put a different sim in phone  -  connect  -  then put my sim back in.

but this is in essence what I did when I replaced the phones and moved the sim to the new phone. I do not have old sims lying around to try!.

I was hoping there is a command that can be given to update the information on the BT site.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 4 of 4

Mine was the same, original handset registered, any further changes never updated.
I have my proof of purchase from when I ordered the handset, so it wasn't an issue.

0 Ratings