cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BorderReiver
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

mobile phone call cost checker

Does anyone know if there is a simple way of determining how much a mobile phone call will cost (on a BT mobile SIM) prior to making the call.  The BT  App would seem to be an obvious thing to look at, but I'm told there is no facility to do it with that.  We are fed up being ripped off for charges to numbers such as 0845 which look as if they should be included as local numbers.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: mobile phone call cost checker

@BorderReiver 

Try Page 146 onwards : https://www.bt.com/assets/pdf/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf

For reference, calls to 084 and 087 numbers have never been included in mobile call plans.  One network once made an exception and then removed the plan months later.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
BorderReiver
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, but I was hoping for a simple option.  Looking through a 217 page document isn't really viable.  It would be nice to simply have to dial in the number and be told the (per minute) cost.  It is not easy to remember all the different categories.  i.e 0345 seem to be included but 0845 not.

BR

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

@BorderReiver wrote:

Thanks, but I was hoping for a simple option.  Looking through a 217 page document isn't really viable. You only need to look at p146.   It would be nice to simply have to dial in the number and be told the (per minute) cost. Eh?  It is not easy to remember all the different categories.  i.e 0345 seem to be included but 0845 not. 03 numbers have been treated the same as UK geographical numbers ever since they were introduced. There is some call on memory but it's the nature of the beast.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings