Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

mobile signal

Go to solution

my mobile signal is absolutely useless , I used get one bar now I am getting missed calls at home.

i used the bt mobile coverage checker and it said excellent 4g coverage for my post code.

last month I renewed my broadband and mobile phone contract 4/6/2019  can I just cancel my mobile phone

part of the deal.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: mobile signal

Go to solution

Hi @helzapoppin Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry to see that you're having problems with your BT Mobile signal, have you reported this to the BT Mobile technical helpdesk?

They may be able to get you a BT Signal assist box to plug into your broadband connection which would then give you coverage when at home. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I have got a Samsung j5 mobile phone, it’s got wi-fi calling and  the wi-fi symbol shows 

up when I switch it on. I did not buy the phone from bt, I am on a sim only deal.

i tried to make a call with wi-fi calling switch on but I got a bad echo on the

call.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Try contacting BT as @NeilO has suggested. The Signal Assist unit produces a 3G signal up to 15m, it works very well and is better than wifi calling in my opinion.

0 Ratings
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you for your reply Andy055
0 Ratings
Highlighted
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I called but technical support and they said bt signal assist would be no advantage to

me because I am getting a signal of 1bar. Told me to use wi-fi calling.

my mate called me on his mobile and I had wi- fi calling turned on 

but he could not here me when I was speaking, I had to go

outside to carry on with the call.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @helzapoppin 

When you say you have 1 bar of signal, is that 2/3 G or 4G, and is it consistent throughout the house?

You may get a better signal if you turn 4G off, but I'd be tempted to call BT again and hope to speak to someone else, and then if asked about what signal you do get, highlight how unusable the meagre signal you do get. I would get 1 or 2 bars if I left the phone by the window but it would usually go when I picked it up, if it didn't the call would either drop or break up.

As far as I know what you've been told about Signal Assist being of no use to you is nonsense, it sounds like an excuse. Now that they have wifi calling they may be a lot more reluctant to give them out.

0 Ratings