cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antneb
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

no reward for 20 plus years of custom

Ive been with BT for over 20 years and 2 weeks ago when i came to renew my mobile contract, i was told that i could not even get a new handset. considering that in all my time with BT i have had a landline, broadband and a mobile i am so disappointed that they refuse to give me a new handset. i wasnt asking for  a top end phone just a mid range replacement.

i made a complaint and spoke to a representative a week later who guarenteed me he would fix this. 'ill call you back tomorrow to comfirm'. That didnt happen.

cut to a week later and after being bounced around to 3 different people enquiring why nobody contacted me i was eventually told that the conversation i had last week did not happen, as nobody would have promised me a handset. so now im sat here confused because im either a liar or delusional.

one thing i am is annoyed and probably taking my custom elsewhere. as anybody else been left felling that their long standing loyalty means absolutely nothing?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: no reward for 20 plus years of custom

If you mobile contract has now reach renewal meaning original contract is completed can you not simply stop that contract and take out a new contract for a new phone?

like many companies customer loyalty means very little and if you want a better deal then let your feet do the walking and move to another provider.  New customers always get better deals and/or incentives

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
garetc
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Are you going from a SIM only to a handset?

I thought that if you had a handset plan then you could upgrade a month or two before the minimum term.

Maybe give them a call back on Monday?

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

If you're looking for a handset it's usually in these situations it's the computer saying no after an internal check. Do you pay by direct debit? Also have you missed any payments lately with the covid-19 situation as the computer won't take it into account

0 Ratings
antneb
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

I was on a handset plan which is the frustrating part. Apparently they are going to call me back monday and sort me a new handset out. We will see. 

0 Ratings
antneb
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Yes I pay by direct debit but have not missed any payments. It was a computer says no situation I'm told. Ive had a message saying they are going to sort something out for me tomorrow. Hopefully common sense prevails.

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

In that case seems strange that's what is being said now then, hopefully you get it sorted tomorrow

0 Ratings