cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debbymart
Beginner
Message 11 of 21

Re: not being able to send messages

I phoned BT they are aware of the problem they hope to resolve it overnight.
dubmomember
Message 12 of 21

Swansea said “all our systems are down”! Mumbai had a hilarious recorded message advising the outage, with whoever recorded it forgetting to stop recording. The message is followed by “Ha Ha!”, giggles and then office background noise. Bloody Terrible is looking polite
0 Ratings
dkrke0
Message 13 of 21

We can live in hope!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 21

BT is having major IT issues, no texting, chat, and parts of BT.com is down
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 21

BT fixed it’s text problems by this morning. The O2 problem appears to be completely separate....
0 Ratings
debbymart
Beginner
Message 16 of 21

I am still having a problem I have to keep retrying eventually it sends.
0 Ratings
m2018gc1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 21

@Colin_Londonwrote:
BT fixed it’s text problems by this morning. The O2 problem appears to be completely separate....

Do you believe in coincidences?

Strange today (6/12/18) that the O2 problem is all over the media but no mention of the "nationwide" problem BT mobile customers had trying to send text messages on 5/12/18. I could not reply / send text messages and when I contacted customer support they said it was a "nationwide" problem. (I wonder were EE customers also affected)

I find it also very coincidental that on 5/12/18 at 0:00 my router failed. On Wednesday (5/12/18) I contacted my internet provider who rent fibre services from BT and they told me my internet was off line from 23:59:59 on 4/12/18!

The only thing that worked was a complete factory reset of my router! Incidentally I have a sisco 3G signal booster from BT connected to my router to improve the BT mobile signal in my home.

I don't know what happened to my router/ fibre broadband/BT complete line but I doubted it was any physical/fibre connection at fault when it crashed down at 23:59:59 on 4/12/18!!! And the next day when BT mobile wasn't working (,unable to send text messages because the number format was incorrect) I thought I was being hacked or something.I was kind of relieved the problem was "nationwide"

I have reset the router and the fibre broadband and sisco booster are working but too many coincidences!!!!!

0 Ratings
m2018gc1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 21

@Colin_Londonwrote:
Interesting - BT mobile app cannot update usage either. Are BT Mobile having a major systems failure at present?

Logged on to BT mobile app tonight 7/12/18 and told update required. Updated it from the app store and working o.k.  Concidencially today when I phoned up to pay for home heating oil I was told their systems are down and they would phone back. They haven't phoned back yet...... Wonder whose systems or broadband they use.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 21

I do wonder whether the frequency of 'systems going down' at this time of the year has any relation to the proximity of a Christmas Party (e.g. Friday afternoons).....

0 Ratings
poliopete
Message 20 of 21

Is that why when I try to send my daily dose of spam to "abuse@bt.com" All I am getting a pop up saying "error"?

0 Ratings