cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colly46
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

not registered on network

I have 2 Samsung mobiles - an S10+ and a S7 Edge. All my broadband & tel are with BT and have been for many years.

Both mobiles show on my BT Account page.

The S10+ works fine - everything as it should be.

The S7 Edge receives emails but cannot make or receive calls - despite almost every setting being same as the S10+.

When I try to phone I get the message: "Not registered on network" .

WiFi is set ON (for both).

Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 12

Re: not registered on network

It sounds as like your SIM card is faulty or not fitted correctly, the phone must be registered on the mobile network in order to make or receive calls even if you are using Wi-Fi calling.

Switch the phone off, remove the SIM card and clean its contacts with a clean, lint free cloth, re-fit it and try again.
If that doesn't work then try and join the network manually.

Colly46
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Hi,
thanks for that, sensible suggestion.
I'm puzzled as to why the emails should still be arriving...
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

your wifi being enable is picking up the emails

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
ctrlz
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Maybe the S10+ is using wifi calling, and the S7 isn't. You normally get the not registered message when the phone can't find the network signal, so it would make sense. Does the S7 work out of the house/in other areas ok? If so then it's almost certainly down to poor coverage at home, and wifi calling would fix that if you can enable it on the S7.

0 Ratings
Colly46
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Hi,

thanks for that .

I looked and I can see that, unlike my S10+, the possibility of using VOLTE calls is NOT present on my S7 Edge!

I have no idea why - the phone was purchased in Germany from proper dealer and all the updates have been installed.

Looking thru the web, there seems to be a procedure/download for installing this feature but it doesn't look straightforward.

I live in the UK and my phones are all with BT.

0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 12

Is the phone locked to another network?

VoLTE and Wifi calling are not the same thing, have you tried looking up the user manual at https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/#productsupport (note that the correct manual may differ according to the SM number of your phone)

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
0 Ratings
Colly46
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

No, phone is not locked to another network.

When I go to the BT WiFi App it says I am connected to BT Wi-Fi.

The Wi-Fi symbol at top of screen (just to R of the loudspeaker symbol) has a very faint "blocked" symbol above it (circle with diagonal line).

0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 12

Have you found and enabled the Wi-Fi calling option? with Samsung I think you open the phone dialler then settings from within there

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
0 Ratings
Colly46
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Yes, thanks, did that and still no joy. As I said, the settings all appear to be correct.
The "Not Registered on Network" thing is what gets me - now awaiting some tech help from BT.
0 Ratings