cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilO
Message 11 of 13

Re: "Spend limit reached" message ... when not even close to limit

Hi @Sleepysue I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your BT mobile service. The default spend cap is £40 but you can cap what you spend to as low as £0 over and above your monthly plan charge.

We’ll also set a default cap of £35 on monthly data roaming charges abroad but you change this if you like. You can change the roaming limit to a minimum of £0. But if you opt-out of the cap completely, we won't control what you spend.

Have you checked your spend caps by logging into?  www.bt.com/mymobile >

0 Ratings
Sleepysue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 13

I increased my spend cap before I left home. I then increased it again to £100 a few days ago as suggested by a BT agent. Ive checked all my settings at bt.com and a BT agent also confirmed I have got all the right settings and that I have not spent anything so should not be getting the message.

I can receive texts and voicemail notifications so the roaming bit must be working. I just cant call anyone or reply to texts. This is very frustrating. 

0 Ratings
seasider_uk
Beginner
Message 13 of 13

Yep, that was the frustration that took BT an absolute age to sort for me (having repeatedly past me from pillar to post).

I rather suspect that the agents work from prepared scripts. In terms of resolving this issue for me they were about as useful as a chocolate teapot. In fact they were worse than that as they weren't prepared to escalate the matter. It was if the problem was all my fault and not BT's.

It was only through perseverance that BT were finally persuaded that their technical team needed to look at it. And even that proved to be a painful process.

I wish you the best of luck!

The more people that highlight this issue, the more likely I think that BT will take it seriously rather than try to fob customers off. 

0 Ratings