cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enigmatic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

"no mobile data, service temporarily turned off by your operator

Anyone else getting android message "no mobile data, service temporarily turned off by your operator"?

Started this morning, I can send texts and make calls but can't access websites. It's intermittent but regular and it's driving me bonkers.  I've checked the APN and other settings, turned phone off and on, turned airplane mode off/on, changed from 4G to 3G - connection comes back for a few seconds each time then the messages start again.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
NigelB72
Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: "no mobile data, service temporarily turned off by your operator

nope.. mine is fine... 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Perhaps you are close to, or over your spend limit set on MyBT?

0 Ratings
enigmatic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

"Perhaps you are close to, or over your spend limit set on MyBT?"

Definitely not, never get near max and allowance was reset two days ago.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Perhaps its congestion, and some connections are being dropped to give a better overall quality of service?

BT Mobile may only have a limited allocation on the shared site which you are connected to, and calls always take priority over data.

0 Ratings
enigmatic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Thanks for the suggestion Keith but where I live is not exactly stuffed with either people or traffic, especially when this has been going on all day. So frequent I've had to turn my phone to silent! I've seen similar  reports from users of other networks, not necessarily from today but it seems to be a known issue with no clear solution. Guess I'll see if it clears overnight or when I connect to another cell tower.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Mobile operators used to reduce the transmitter power to avoid congestion. This unfortunately had the effect of disconnecting or preventing distant users from connecting phone and data.

I cannot imagine they still do that, but they may have other methods of traffic control, like momentarily disconnecting users. However I doubt they would admit to anything.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Hi @enigmatic

Welcome back to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry to hear you are having problems using your BT Mobile. I have checked our service checker and we don't have any mobile outages or known faults at the moment.

You would be best reporting this fault to our BT Mobile Faults Team on 0800 800 150.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
enigmatic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Well everything came back on line during course of yesterday evening, and all's back to normal today. Let's hope it doesn't happen again cos it was very frustrating!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi @enigmatic,

Thank you for posting back, I'm glad the service is back working as it should.

If the problem reoccurs give the BT Mobile Faults team a call and they'll be able to get that investigated.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings