cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

roaming

Go to solution

Hello I hope someone can help,

I’m abroad in a country that I can use my data allowance according to BT but my mobile does not connect to any networks. 

Roaming data is on and airplane mode off. Is there something I need to do to start using my allowance? 

many thanks

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: roaming

Go to solution

Log in to MyBT and activate roaming but put an additional spend limit on just in case. You'll need to find a WiFi hotspot if you have no roaming though.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

C2F5A297-8800-40E1-8824-A615DCB3F870.png

Nigel thank you for the quick response. according to My  BT I should be able to ‘roam like home’. The ‘roam like home’ addon is in my account. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution
I enabled it last night. How long does it take for BT to process it? maybe i’m just being impatient.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

@goudeuk there's another setting.  log into MyBT via the website and go to your mobile package. In there, there is a Settings Option. Click on Change Settings and then Advance Settings and then make sure Using Your Phone Abroad is On... 

Message 6 of 15

Go to solution
Many thanks Nigel. that advanced setting did the trick.
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

I would like to add that I also had to change the setting Voice&Data to 3G instead of 4G.

Mobile Data> Mobile Data Options> Voice &Data

Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Great to see you got this sorted @goudeuk .

Thanks and kudos to @NigelB72 for the fantastic advice.

Cheers

David

Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Hi all. I’m currently in Kefalonia for a week, from the UK.

Off the plane Friday morning and no service on any of the 4 sims. Family sim package. Have been through the settings above many times to no avail. Tried the help bot and it’s no help lol.

Frustrated is an understatement.

Any assistance would be great x

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

@IanB50 if you've enabled roaming in MyBT, check that it's actually enabled on the individual devices

0 Ratings