cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

sim card

Go to solution

Hello, I am wondering if I can get a sim card? As I wrote, I am a refugee from Ukraine, I am 17 years old, to get a sim card, what do I need for this? Do I need any documents that prove my identity? Does the beginning of the number after +44 differ depending on the city of residence in the UK?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: sim card

Go to solution

You can order a sim plan online on the BT site.

I believe you need to be over 18 to take this out so you may need to wait. 
The area of the UK doesn’t affect the prefix of the mobile number, however different networks have different prefixes with BT using 07483-07485.

In the meantime you could go to a local store/supermarket and purchase a pay as you go SIM card. Usually 99p to buy the card and you can add credit to it afterwards usually in £10 increments.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
what are the prefixes of the other operators? Could you please write them? I can't find this information
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

BT SIMs are provided on 12 or 24 month contracts so will require a credit check. As above, your best bet would probably be one of the MVNO operators with either PAYG or 30 day rolling contracts that you pay for in advance. I'm currently with Asda Mobile using the Vodafone network & pay £5 per month for 3GB of data & unlimited calls & texts. They also support WiFi Calling which most MVNOs don't.

0 Ratings