Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geoffcox
Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: thinking of moving from pop3 to imap as have an iphone

Go to solution

that's another possibility!

For the moment - I have finally been able to save my outlook calendar as .ics file and import it into BT Mail.

I must say that ringing 0800 111 4567 was no help at all - I was on the phone for over an hour and even the level 2 person had no idea how to import the .ics calendar file ..

Having now done that - an oddity - in each entry the items have 0800, 0830, 0900 etc at the begining quite separate from the actual time of the event which is also there. Why?!!

Cheers

Geoff

0 Ratings
geoffcox
Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

just a thought - I have *** in front of entries in my outlook calendar - perhaps these cause the 0800 etc?

Geoff

will remove them and try again ..

0 Ratings
geoffcox
Contributor
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

no - have removed *** in outlook calandar, imported the .ics file into BT Mail and the 0800, 0830 etc still there !?

Geoff

0 Ratings
geoffcox
Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Finally success !

Getting the calendar from Outlook to BT Mail was not seeing to begin with the extra options available in Outlook when saving the calendar - they were partly covered by a message ... you could then select time range, details range for the creation of the .ics calendar file. My initial ics file was empty so not surprising that BT Mail entered nothing into the BT Mail calendar!

Have now got iphone to see the folders, calendar and contacts!

one very useful link for the calendar and contacts sync between iphone and BT Mail is

this

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48642/~/why-are-my-calendars-and-contacts-no-longer-s...

Cheers

Geoff

0 Ratings
geoffcox
Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

the confusing thing to me was that on the iphone you have to add 3 different kinds of accounts. One for emails, one for the calendar (CalDav) and one for the contacts CardDav.

I assumed that having created the first, creating another would mess up the first etc..

Each has its own server ...

This does make all this clear

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48642/~/why-are-my-calendars-and-contacts-no-longer-s...

just  a pirty that the people on BT Help phone didn't know about it! It was the Appled tech man who got me to it.

Cheers

Geoff

0 Ratings
geoffcox
Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

Not quite there yet !!

I can save my Outlook 2010 calendar on my PC as an ics file and can import it into BT Mail.

But ! If I make a change to the Outlool calendar on the PC the only way I can see the change on my iphone calendar is to save and import the new calendar into BT Mail - when the change can be seen in the iphone calendar.

Is it not possible to sync the Outlook calendar with the BT calendar without having to save and import each time a change is made to the Outlook calendar?!

Cheers

Geoff

0 Ratings
Highlighted
geoffcox
Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

no body able to answer this?!

Geoff

0 Ratings