cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ddin68
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

upgrade SIM only plan to a new handset plan and keep the same number

I have a SIM only plan with BT and would like to take out a new handset plan, cancel the SIM only plan and keep the same mobile number - I have been on Live Chat and spoken to an adviser and can't seem to do it - have followed the links on the MY BT website and followed the instructions:  Buy our products, upgrade mobile, and I get either this option 

Change to a phone plan

Looking to swap your SIM plan for a new phone plan? Choose one of our amazing deals on a 24 month contract and you won’t be charged for ending your SIM plan early.

View phone deals

I tried this - but no option to keep the same mobile number,

or this

I've got a SIM Only plan 

You can:

• Move your plan up at any time

• Move down to the plan below once within your 12-month contract

• Switch to a handset plan at no charge when you sign up to a new 24-month contract

but when I choose this option I get -

Your BT Mobile order
What would you like to do?

Please select from the options below.

Add a new BT SIM, Family SIM, or handset plan.
Choosing this option will result in a new SIM being provided with a new mobile number.
Make changes to your existing BT Mobile plans.
Choosing this option will allow you to change your existing SIM plans.

the first option wont let me keep my existing mobile number and the second option only allows my to upgrade my sim only plan
Thanks for any help

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: upgrade SIM only plan to a new handset plan and keep the same number

Hi @Ddin68 The change to a phone plan link is the correct one to choose,  did you login with your BT ID and password to progress your order after selecting the phone and plan you wanted to go for?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Ddin68
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

thank you for your reply - I have chosen the option you suggest and I am logged into my BT account - I have got all the way to the end of the ordering process ( I am on the delivery page) and I have not been asked which mobile number I want to keep - on my BT account I have 2 SIM only plans and 1 mobile contract - I wanted a new phone for myself (currently one of the SIM only plans) so that SIM only plan will need to end - and I want to keep that mobile number

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@Ddin68 Thanks for getting back to me and I'm really sorry that hasn't worked. I've highlighted your thread to our BT mobile team as my understanding is you should be given the option to keep your number. In the meantime if you call 0800 800 150 from your mobile and ask to speak to mobile sales they'll be able to place the order for you.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@Ddin68 The mobile team have confirmed that when you start your order you're given options to change an existing sim plan and the mobile numbers associated to your account are listed. If you choose your number here and click continue it will ensure that you keep your number when ordering the handset plan.  

I'll send you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Ddin68 

Thanks for taking the time to send us over your details.

I tried calling you this afternoon but wasn't able to reach you.  I just wanted a minute of your time to let you know that I have passed your info to our mobile team who will get back in touch with you.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Ddin68 

I have been trying to get hold of you over the last few days without success.

Can you drop me a reply to let me know the best time to catch up with you?

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings